Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Land Registry in Sardinia

Land Registry in Sardinia

Old Feb 9th 2011, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Villafera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Land Registry in Sardinia

Looking to buy a property in Sardinia, can anyone tell me how to contact Land Registry so that I can get details on the house we have found?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Land Registry in Sardinia

Hello and welcome,

What exactly are you looking for? Without being more specific it difficult to advise.

UK land registry functions are covered by a variety of agencies here. Certain information is available from the likes of:

eg, www.agenziaterritorio.gov.it

www.poste.it

There are other bodies that will carry out searches etc for you for a fee.

How's your Italian? If its not good you really need professional advice.

Where are you looking to buy? Your local comune could easily prove to be your best bet.

I've been here for almost 10 years, but other than the basics, land registry questions are not something that you can really do yourself.

Last edited by Capo Boi; Feb 9th 2011 at 4:34 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Also bear in mind that in Sardegna, the catastal data is not legal proof - it is merely a guide and can be wrong. THe act of provenance is the legal proof of the property that you buy.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

The villa is in exchange for a bad debt and I need to make sure who the registered owner is and if there are any further debts attached to the property, I could end up worse by taking it on. I guess I shall have to find an expert to see me through this, I thought it might work like Land Registry in the UK and you could find out information on line. Thanks for your advice
Old Feb 10th 2011, 6:59 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Villafera
The villa is in exchange for a bad debt
Hello and welcome.
Did you win the villa in a poker game or something ?
Old Feb 11th 2011, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

OK what you need are the visure catastale to find out who the owner is, about 5 euros from a geometra or a sbrigapratica, and then you will need to do the visure ipotecarie to see if there is debt on the property and/or the person. These can cost considerably more, though the basic search will be about 12 euros each if you are lucky. Again a sbriga pratica can help - there are online services but they charge you alot - up to 50 euros each.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 10:47 am
Just Joined

That is really helpful, much appreciated, will see what I can find out