The Knight

Old Jun 13th 2023, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Rose68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Knight

Grazie Silvio.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Knight

Originally Posted by Rose68
Grazie Silvio.
What for?
Old Jun 13th 2023, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

I was expecting a reply like that. For bringing some humanity, empathy, geniality, to our worn out political system.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute

I was expecting a reply like that. For bringing some humanity, empathy, geniality, to our worn out political system.
What a load of cobblers.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Silvio got on well with Blair. He proposed Blair to be the president of the EU and backed him in the Iraq war. He let him stay in his luxury villas when he wanted.

Old Jun 13th 2023, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously each person is entitled to their own opinion, but seeing as you raised this thread I wonder if I might ask you a few questions out of curiosity to try to understand your point of view?

1. Why have you chosen the title "The Knight"?
2. The things you have listed above seem to be personal qualities rather than policies. Do you think that personality is more important than policies for a politician?
​​​​​
Old Jun 14th 2023, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by C.2s

​​​​​
The title Caviliere is given to successful businessmen every year on May day. Berlusconi is "il caviliere" in Italian news. I dont think it translates into anything.
I read this morning that Forza Italia is in debt and could be bankrupted if another patron does not come forward.

Last edited by philat98; Jun 14th 2023 at 4:38 am.
Old Jun 14th 2023, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Its a sort of equivalent of an minor mbe or a certificate from the Chamber of commerce. Certainly not a knighthood.
In reply to the OP I didnt find him empathetic, genial or even human. I thought him an entirely self interested and self obsessed compulsive liar who was only out to feather his own nest and glorify himself. As he said, he only did Prime Ministering 'in his spare time'. He was the blueprint for Trump and BoJo. Not a legacy to be proud of.
Old Jun 14th 2023, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by modicasa
Its a sort of equivalent of an minor mbe or a certificate from the Chamber of commerce. Certainly not a knighthood.
In reply to the OP I didnt find him empathetic, genial or even human. I thought him an entirely self interested and self obsessed compulsive liar who was only out to feather his own nest and glorify himself. As he said, he only did Prime Ministering 'in his spare time'. He was the blueprint for Trump and BoJo. Not a legacy to be proud of.
It says s lot about Italy that someone who has had 577 visits by police, 2,500 court hearings and spent 174 million euros in lawyers' bills gets a state funeral.

Old Jun 14th 2023, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by philat98
It says s lot about Italy that someone who has had 577 visits by police, 2,500 court hearings and spent 174 million euros in lawyers' bills gets a state funeral.
You mean the harassment, obsession, deep hatred, obstinacy, abuse... (shall I go on?) he had to put up with, by you know who?
Do you really believe all those allegations/accusations were based on actual evidence? Of course, there was some truth and he rightly paid for them, but is he the only politician /businessman to have made mistakes? Why was he particularly interesting to attack? (A bit of envy?)

With regards to his private life, who cares? Is it really relevant? I'm not stupid either, I know he made lots of mistakes as a politician, I voted for him once but I didn't the next time round. We can't deny he was a good "imprenditore" though, creating thousands of jobs.
Old Jun 14th 2023, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

You mean the harassment, obsession, deep hatred, obstinacy, abuse... (shall I go on?) he had to put up with, by you know who?
Do you really believe all those allegations/accusations were based on actual evidence? Of course, there was some truth and he rightly paid for them, but is he the only politician /businessman to have made mistakes? Why was he particularly interesting to attack? (A bit of envy?)
It sounds like Nadine Dorries in the Daily Mail.
Old Jun 14th 2023, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by C.2s
Obviously each person is entitled to their own opinion, but seeing as you raised this thread I wonder if I might ask you a few questions out of curiosity to try to understand your point of view?

2. The things you have listed above seem to be personal qualities rather than policies. Do you think that personality is more important than policies for a politician?
​​​​​
]

No, personality isn't important, I just think that he was one of very few Italian politicians who managed to make himself understood, explaining very clearly and and simply his ideas, instead of carrying on and on without saying anything meaningful. . He had a way with words.
I was trying to attach an article I found in internet about when he received his 'onoreficienza', but my tech experience is not too good.

Last edited by Rose68; Jun 14th 2023 at 8:45 am. Reason: The attachment may not work
Old Jun 14th 2023, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

An abiding memory from Peter Brookes a dozen years ago.
Old Jun 14th 2023, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

The question is were they mistakes? He was an intelligent man, and knew exactly what he was doing. He knew that the Italian justice system is archaic and as a billionaire he could tease the trials along knowing that in the end they would run out of time. His private life is important, as soon as he became a public figure, it becomes important. He could have stayed a private citizen and nobody would really care, other than his mafia connections and how he built his business empire, how he built Milan 2 and how he broke the law creating Mediaset. As a politician he was charismatic, certainly when placed alongside all the grey idealogues elsewhere. But.. bribing MP's to cross the floor, buying off competition, passing laws ad personam and almost singlehandedly doubling the Italian national debt is not a great legacy. Rather it made what we now see politicians doing as acceptable behaviour. He came across as a smiling buffoon (see Boris) but was pretty ruthless - you only have to see how he managed to get his hands on Arcore Berlusconi’s Pad – italiafile to know that the result was what counted, not the means of obtaining it.
Old Jun 14th 2023, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

daniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant future

Let's have a bunga bunga funeral.

Rest of the first world: you get a state funeral for your extraordinary service to the country, like Winston Churchill, or if you're the monarch.

Italy: you get a state funeral for having caused irreversible damage to the country - in absolutely every single way. Enough said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.