Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Just decided on the move

Just decided on the move

Old Nov 6th 2013, 6:36 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just decided on the move

Originally Posted by Krakra
Hi guys, just a quick one,
1. is it unreasonable to get a solicitor to check the contract on our behalf not at all - worth doing imho
2. What's the law re: rental freeze on a 4+4 do you mean at the 4 year point??
3. Can we negotiate the deposit- I mean can we do 2months rather than 3?I mentioned these 2 figures as 2 months seems to be typical for unfurnished and 3 months for furnished around here - always worth negotiating particularly if you are dealing directly with the landlord

Is it still a tenants market in italy? Or do landlords have more right/power? seems to be well-balanced but may well depend on the area of Italy and of course the landlord

School sorted for kids but not house������ Everything seems to be dragging now which is a pain as I'm now getting anxious.
some thoughts from me - if you are lucky modicasa will be along to comment on the legal points of view.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Krakra is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Garbatellamike- it's almost furnished I.e beds and white goods but not living room stuff. Landlord doesn't seem to want to negotiate on deposit- but that's not a problem.

Wrt rental freeze, I mean to include in the contract that the rent won't increase in the 1st four years.

I appreciate all your comments and advice( everyone). I must say that BE is making things easier in many respects...just that things are not as quick as we are used to in the UK. I guess I need to change my mentality in that aspect� ����
Old Nov 7th 2013, 8:06 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Garbatellamike- it's almost furnished I.e beds and white goods but not living room stuff. Landlord doesn't seem to want to negotiate on deposit- but that's not a problem.

Wrt rental freeze, I mean to include in the contract that the rent won't increase in the 1st four years.

I appreciate all your comments and advice( everyone). I must say that BE is making things easier in many respects...just that things are not as quick as we are used to in the UK. I guess I need to change my mentality in that aspect������
Rent increases every year in line with inflation.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 9:08 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Wrt rental freeze, I mean to include in the contract that the rent won't increase in the 1st four years. What 37000 said is in the standard 4+4

I appreciate all your comments and advice( everyone). I must say that BE is making things easier in many respects...just that things are not as quick as we are used to in the UK. I guess I need to change my mentality in that aspect������
spot on, bring plenty of patience and your sense of humour - you will need both :-)
Old Nov 21st 2013, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

lindasmith is an unknown quantity at this point

You can insure a British registered car through a company called Stewart Collins (I think that is how you spell it). Also contact Italsure/Clements and see if they do it. Although I think they only insure italian cars belonging to expats.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

mikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst on the subject of car insurance I insure my UK registered car with Saga as there is unlimited cover abroad. I also have an Italian car but use my Uk car to go back to the UK two or three times a year as I have family and business in the UK
Old Jul 5th 2014, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Finally sent our stuff down! Yipeeeee.

Now need your help in finding a
- local football club for my 7year old.
- dance school for my 10 year old
- swim school for all kids

Hopefully all affordable and around Casal pallocco, Infernetto.

Thank you so much, I've learnt a lot from this forum. Thanks for the tips on patience too.... Had my codice fiscale number after a month!! And still waiting for the card 😄.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 12:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikethomo
Whilst on the subject of car insurance I insure my UK registered car with Saga as there is unlimited cover abroad. I also have an Italian car but use my Uk car to go back to the UK two or three times a year as I have family and business in the UK
Thanks Mike.... Our current UK insurer have extended us for 3 months- £130 in all. We I'll hopefully find a car here before insurance runs out n drive it back to the uk
Old Jul 5th 2014, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Finally sent our stuff down! Yipeeeee.

Now need your help in finding a
- local football club for my 7year old.
- dance school for my 10 year old
- swim school for all kids

Hopefully all affordable and around Casal pallocco, Infernetto.

Thank you so much, I've learnt a lot from this forum. Thanks for the tips on patience too.... Had my codice fiscale number after a month!! And still waiting for the card 😄.
Local football club=check in your son's school, alternatively, at the local comune
Dance school-check local comune or nearest fitness club, they have the info
Swim school- it will be done in your local health club if they have a pool or there might be lessons organized by the comune in a comunal pool.

Most of the swimming places are booked in May, however, if you go before September you are more likely to find suitable lessons. September is totally chaotic.....
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for the wonderful comments on this site, just a quick update........ We finally moved last week, had a surprise power cut the second night- washing machine, chargers and oven on at same time 😳 took forever to find the switch which was on the NEXT street!!!!!! However, the kids are loving the weather here and not complaining as other relatives are supposedly dying of heat wave in the uk followed by storms 😃. Though surprised kids are not missing tv or even ipad (we forgot the uk-eu adapters). But once indoors, they happily stare at rai yoyo and pretend they understand peppa pig 😄. I made it into ikea 😄 and now looking forward to the delivery people phoning on Monday since all I can say is prego and non capisco 😃... Well, I have also learnt dove, quanto, come and quando. Wish me luck!
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 10:42 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Thank you all for the wonderful comments on this site, just a quick update........ We finally moved last week, had a surprise power cut the second night- washing machine, chargers and oven on at same time 😳 took forever to find the switch which was on the NEXT street!!!!!! However, the kids are loving the weather here and not complaining as other relatives are supposedly dying of heat wave in the uk followed by storms 😃. Though surprised kids are not missing tv or even ipad (we forgot the uk-eu adapters). But once indoors, they happily stare at rai yoyo and pretend they understand peppa pig 😄. I made it into ikea 😄 and now looking forward to the delivery people phoning on Monday since all I can say is prego and non capisco 😃... Well, I have also learnt dove, quanto, come and quando. Wish me luck!
Glad it is going well Krakra. We all learnt the electricity thing the hard way
Old Jul 26th 2014, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Foffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to behold

Dear all, we have finally decided to take the plunge. I'm currently in rome and have thankfully found a school and a new home for us to move into in 4 months. I have been following threads but still have loads of questions and would appreciate any advice/ directions in the right path.
Hello, I lived in Axa and Casalpalocco for 35 years. If you need help just ask me. Ciao.