Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Italy/UK flights

Italy/UK flights

Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Italy/UK flights

Mornin' all
I expect there is another topic somewhere else on the subject, but just thought I'd post a few new flights I came across recently:

Monarch airlines
Venice - Birmingham BHX
Venice or Milan - Gatwick
Venice or Verona - Manchester
http://www.monarch.co.uk/destinations

BA will also be doinga Bologna - Heathrow as from end of April
http://www.bologna-airport.it/it/vol...a=552903&LN=IT
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:30 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italy/UK flights

Has anybody travelled with Monarch before?
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
No, I haven't. I see it's the usual 'low-cost' type arrangement - 10kg cabin baggage, pay for this pay for that although at least you can pre-book your seat (paying the fee of course) and even buy a meal, if you so desire.

I might go over end of April with them - will let you know.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:51 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah - I've just been looking at their prices.
The meal is a whopping £9.99 so they can keep that.
Luggage seems fairly expensive too but they let you have 20Kg of hold baggage.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes. Had lifts with them from Malpensa to Luton in the days when they flew Bristol Brittanias from what was then just an airstrip. Took the seats out at night to fly in tomatoes from the Channel Islands, and then put the seats back in next morning to carry holidaymakers!
Seriously though, they are a very comfortable airline to fly with from Naples to Manchester. Leg room is good, and the cabin crew actually smile. I think this service may have been withdrawn.
Having had a long working relationship with their parent company at Globus Lugano can of course only say good about them.

ciao for now
'o nonno

Last edited by ononno; Apr 11th 2012 at 6:53 am. Reason: usual dyslexic me
Old Apr 11th 2012, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ononno
Oh yes. Had lifts with them from Malpensa to Luton in the days when they flew Bristol Brittanias from what was then just an airstrip. Took the seats out at night to fly in tomatoes from the Channel Islands, and then put the seats back in next morning to carry holidaymakers!
Seriously though, they are a very comfortable airline to fly with from Naples to Manchester. Leg room is good, and the cabin crew actually smile. I think this service may have been withdrawn.
Having had a long working relationship with their parent company at Globus Lugano can of course only say good about them.

ciao for now
'o nonno
They're certainly pushing Italy this year. Dad says he saw it advertised in the paper in UK.

Only drawback is that the flight back from Brum is at 7.15 a.m. ... gahh!

Last edited by MarkRD; Apr 11th 2012 at 7:05 am.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 7:13 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Not yet, but my mum is arriving on one next month. It'sdef expensive, but less than a seat on a lake flight and it reduces her travelling time.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by 37100
Not yet, but my mum is arriving on one next month. It'sdef expensive, but less than a seat on a lake flight and it reduces her travelling time.
How's her leg then? All healed?
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:49 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

How's her leg then? All healed?
Foot healed, arm hasn't, but she knows that it will probably never heal properly. She now has a broken thumb. Bent down to pick up a book up from the floor, mis-calculated the distance and wacked it.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:19 am
Just Joined

tonber is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Mornin' all
I expect there is another topic somewhere else on the subject, but just thought I'd post a few new flights I came across recently:

Monarch airlines
Venice - Birmingham BHX
Venice or Milan - Gatwick
Venice or Verona - Manchester
http://www.monarch.co.uk/destinations

BA will also be doinga Bologna - Heathrow as from end of April
http://www.bologna-airport.it/it/vol...a=552903&LN=IT
For anyone who needs to travel a little bit further north, there is another route starting end of May / beginning of June. Newcastle to Rome, operator Jet 2
http://www.jet2.com/Timetable.aspx?lang=EN
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tonber
For anyone who needs to travel a little bit further north, there is another route starting end of May / beginning of June. Newcastle to Rome, operator Jet 2
http://www.jet2.com/Timetable.aspx?lang=EN
Thanks for the info - I see they also go from Venice to Edinburgh / Newcastle / Leeds / Manchester

Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:27 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - I used Monarch on London to Lisbon route quite a few times a few years back - I found them a standard low cost airline. I got some good prices by booking well in advance and took my own food!

Jet2, at first sight, also seem OK; I just used them for the first time for Rome/Glasgow over Easter weekend, bit delayed on way out but back on time - seat pitch pretty good for low cost airline.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 12:12 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Cmon, no one needs to be eating a meal from the UK to Italy... its not that long a flight!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Twinkle Canelli will become famous soon enough

Sorry if I am digressing, but I just can't resist Pret a Manger's crayfish & rocket sandwiches, and we buy them at Gatwick to eat on our EasyJet flights as a last bit of the UK before picking up our Italian life. Last time the woman next to us asked the stewardess for one of what we were having.....! If only they made airline food look a bit more fresh and appetising I might be tempted
Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
Yes - I used Monarch on London to Lisbon route quite a few times a few years back - I found them a standard low cost airline. I got some good prices by booking well in advance and took my own food!

Jet2, at first sight, also seem OK; I just used them for the first time for Rome/Glasgow over Easter weekend, bit delayed on way out but back on time - seat pitch pretty good for low cost airline.
Never had any problems with Jet2 and used them quite a lot. Sometimes their prices work out better than Ryanair and they let you have more kilos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.