Reload this Page >

Italian government entitlements

Italian government entitlements

Old Sep 5th 2009, 7:52 am
Just Joined

harley3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Italian government entitlements

Good Morning,

My husband has finished work due to being forced out of the job, as we have a one year old is it true we are not entitled to anything from the government ?

Looking forward to replies
Old Sep 5th 2009, 9:45 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future
Default Re: Italian government entitlements

Are you Italians or Brits. Are you residents?
Old Sep 5th 2009, 11:52 am
Just Joined

My husband is Italian and I am English
Old Sep 5th 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Have a look at these links all from Ministero del lavoro

INDENNITA' DI MOBILITA' if your husband was employed for at least 12 months

http://http://www.lavoro.gov.it/Lavo...nita_Mobilita/

http://http://www.lavoro.gov.it/Lavo...zatoriSociali/
Old Sep 6th 2009, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

ellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura about

Two years ago the firm my son had been working for went bust. He had worked there for 7 years. He got 650euro for 5 months and some money from the firm for his "liquidation". After that, nothing.I had to cash in an insurance policy to keep him in his flat and he still ran up some debts at the bank and car payments.Now he has another job but with slightly less pay and he's trying to pay off some debts. I still have to help him with the rent with money from my pension.This is the reality of living here;no rent paid, no job seekers allowance etc.I tried to explain this to my family in England and they said "How is he expected to live?" Welcome to the real world!
Old Sep 6th 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

ellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, the 650euro a month came from Imps as he had paid his contributions.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 12:36 pm
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

Ellybelly,
sorry to hear about your son - how's napoli
Kenny
Old Sep 6th 2009, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

HI, my son,s fine as he has another job now but I just wanted to explain how things work here, and not just in Naples.We have one of the lowest birthrates in Europe and very few young unmarried mothers.We also have one of the highest abortion rates ( wonder why? the two things can,t possibly be connected can they?)Having said that, my son is going to make me a grandmother for the 4th time, sometime in November.Naples has just cooled down after one of the hottest months of August I can remember.i think it's the same for the wholke of Italy.At the moment it's the festa of Piedigrotta and we even have Elton John singing here next week which, withe all the road works, will make the traffic HELL.Hope you are enjoying your new posting.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 8:42 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harley3
Good Morning,

My husband has finished work due to being forced out of the job, as we have a one year old is it true we are not entitled to anything from the government ?

Looking forward to replies
Very sorry to hear about you situation harley. The goverment offers very little here. You can apply for some discounts e.g. rubbish and you can get free health care but to do this here in Veneto you need an ISEE which is available from trade union offices and is in theory, free but some regions still accept l'autocertificazione. Goodluck.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for that, will keep the search on for jobs.