Reload this Page >

Italian English Teachers

Italian English Teachers

Old Jan 14th 2010, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Salerno will become famous soon enough
Angry Italian English Teachers

Sorry for this so "rant mode on"

so I get a call from my daughters school a few hours ago to come and pick her up as she is in hysterics. Go to the school and find out that they have a new English teacher (obviously Italian). During the English lesson this morning she said (in Italian) "seeing as noone here knows English..." and my daughter (having my character) pipes up with "well miss I do, I'm bilingual" (which she is) so the new teacher says "well stand up in front of the class and show us what you claim to know"

So my daughter did, she did the usual, name, age, where she is from, where her mother is from, what my husband and I do for a living and the people in her family. Nothing strange.......the teacher then turns round and laughs in her face saying "yeah right you are bilingual, you made all those words up and I understood not one word of what you were saying" at which my 5 year old brust into tears and said in italian "my mother is Irish and she speaks only English with me, when my Irish grandparents come I translate for my Italian grandparents and yes I know English" and the teacher marched her straight to the principles office for her "bad manners"

I am disgusted and raging. I went to the school because they called and when I found this out demanded to see the teacher. I gave her a piece or 10 of my mind and I made an offical complaint with the school and the school board here. I also sent an email to the Education Ministers office and I am seriously thinking of going to the carabinieri to report this teacher for bullying/assault/whatever I can.

My 5 year old is now refusing to go back to that school and I am in the frame of mind not to send her but to homeschool her as the nearest English speaking school is an hour away.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:09 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian English Teachers

Suprised you didn't wack her.:curse: Evil madam. Hope you ds gets over this. bless here. One good thing. Indiebird will 'love' this post. She'll know she's not alone.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 37100
Suprised you didn't wack her.:curse: Evil madam. Hope you ds gets over this. bless here. One good thing. Indiebird will 'love' this post. She'll know she's not alone.
Whack her? I'm online now looking for an AK47 to sort her out ! My blood is boiling. Poor wee thing went to her room and cried herself to sleep after her lunch. Her dads due home now so if you don't see me for a few hours you'll know I'm calming him down while getting madder and madder on my insides. Did something similar happen to Indiebird? I wonder was it the same ignorant and arrogant thug that my daughter had today?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:56 pm
DWE
Forum Regular

DWE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Salerno
Whack her? I'm online now looking for an AK47 to sort her out ! My blood is boiling. Poor wee thing went to her room and cried herself to sleep after her lunch. Her dads due home now so if you don't see me for a few hours you'll know I'm calming him down while getting madder and madder on my insides. Did something similar happen to Indiebird? I wonder was it the same ignorant and arrogant thug that my daughter had today?
Ah that's horrible. I'd be pretty furious too if she were my child, but kids are tougher and more resilient than we think, she'll be right as rain soon enough. Best of luck with removing that awful teacher!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

that is bloody disgusting. these people should be put in stocks in the village and humiliated just like what they have done to the poor kids. kids should be praised for having the nerve to stand up infront of the whole class, even if they do get things a little wrong it takes balls to try.
you should get a medal for not laying the teacher out!

Last edited by davehornet6; Jan 14th 2010 at 1:09 pm. Reason: being dumb again
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Wow. The teacher obviously doesn't understand English spoken by an actual native speaker, and decided to take it out on your little girl. You should test this new teacher on her English- I bet it's rubbish- and give her a taste of her own medicine!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Oh I don't love this post, but I can identlfy with it and feel for you all. I know where you're coming from. Read this post here for mine and others woes with schools here. Is your little one in Prima di Elementare or still at Scuola Materna? and what did the school have to say for themselves and this totally horrible and extremely ignorant English teacher? or was it sweet fa which is their normal stance??

My kids are both at the Elementare in a little town just outside Turin and both have the 'English' teacher for their respective years as their teachers. My 6yo is not allowed to answer any questions in English lessons as 'she knows already' (she might show the teacher up ) and my son was so pleased when his teacher broke her leg just before Xmas that it was indecent but understandable. His new word is 'Bis-quits' which is how Miss Sparkly (penchant for glitter glue eyeliner is not attractive in a Forty-Something teacher for Parents evening imho ) pronounces biscuits and has all the italian kids AND my son pronouncing the word... before that it was 'Sweathers' which are like jumpers!!

I hope that you going in guns-ablazing will give the school a kick, but don't be surprised if it doesn't. Big hugs to you allxxxxxxx
Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

I hope your little girl gets over this quickly, having three sons who attended school here on and off and often told me of the bloopers that their teachers made, I'd say don't worry, she's probably very insecure and doesn't want to be shown up by a mother-tongue child. It might be a good idea to have a chat with the teacher in english and ask her if she'd mind you reading to the kids so that they can get the hang of listening to another accent, after all that's why most Italians get a shock when they arrive in an english speaking country and can't understand a word because "fruit" isn't pronounced "fru-it", "Wimbledon" isn't pronounced "Wim-blay-don", "club" isn't pronounced "cleb" etc etc. This teacher was definately out of order btw, no child should be humiliated in front of a class.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Well done to your little girl for sticking up for her self hope she gets over it quickly

and to be honest I think that the teacher is the one humiliated in front of a class not a 5 year old...

tell the teacher in English you will rip her head off and shit down her neck..and then say translate that.....bitch....Or that you will smack her in the mouth so hard that she will have to shove a toothbrush up her arse to clean her teeth.....
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
Well done to your little girl for sticking up for her self hope she gets over it quickly

and to be honest I think that the teacher is the one humiliated in front of a class not a 5 year old...

tell the teacher in English you will rip her head off and shit down her neck..and then say translate that.....bitch....Or that you will smack her in the mouth so hard that she will have to shove a toothbrush up her arse to clean her teeth.....
Thats very posh from you Mr Posh My daughter did admit to me last night when she'd calmed down that she did say "***** off and pog moin thoin you amadán" (kiss my ass and idiot in Irish, all thanks to her uncles ) but seeing as the teacher said nothing we think she didn't understand

I have to admit that I did laugh when she told me and give her an extra mint aero just because she did it.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:45 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for this so "rant mode on"

so I get a call from my daughters school a few hours ago to come and pick her up as she is in hysterics. Go to the school and find out that they have a new English teacher (obviously Italian). During the English lesson this morning she said (in Italian) "seeing as noone here knows English..." and my daughter (having my character) pipes up with "well miss I do, I'm bilingual" (which she is) so the new teacher says "well stand up in front of the class and show us what you claim to know"

So my daughter did, she did the usual, name, age, where she is from, where her mother is from, what my husband and I do for a living and the people in her family. Nothing strange.......the teacher then turns round and laughs in her face saying "yeah right you are bilingual, you made all those words up and I understood not one word of what you were saying" at which my 5 year old brust into tears and said in italian "my mother is Irish and she speaks only English with me, when my Irish grandparents come I translate for my Italian grandparents and yes I know English" and the teacher marched her straight to the principles office for her "bad manners"

I am disgusted and raging. I went to the school because they called and when I found this out demanded to see the teacher. I gave her a piece or 10 of my mind and I made an offical complaint with the school and the school board here. I also sent an email to the Education Ministers office and I am seriously thinking of going to the carabinieri to report this teacher for bullying/assault/whatever I can.

My 5 year old is now refusing to go back to that school and I am in the frame of mind not to send her but to homeschool her as the nearest English speaking school is an hour away.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest.
similar happened to us in Spain

there are a lot of native English speakers in my kids school

the English teacher a couple of years ago could barely string a sentence together

she lasted just one term after many complaints
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:45 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Thats very posh from you Mr Posh My daughter did admit to me last night when she'd calmed down that she did say "***** off and pog moin thoin you amadán" (kiss my ass and idiot in Irish, all thanks to her uncles ) but seeing as the teacher said nothing we think she didn't understand

I have to admit that I did laugh when she told me and give her an extra mint aero just because she did it.
Dont worry we're flying in this afternoon. Hit squad of ex Gardai and out of work brickies.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by indiebird
Oh I don't love this post, but I can identlfy with it and feel for you all. I know where you're coming from. Read this post here for mine and others woes with schools here.

Indie..........I think we're in the same boat.....was that "teacher" from southern Italy by any chance as I'm wondering if she was sent down here to annoy me
Is your little one in Prima di Elementare or still at Scuola Materna? and what did the school have to say for themselves and this totally horrible and extremely ignorant English teacher? or was it sweet fa which is their normal stance??
Prima Elementare this year and since September its been a war with the school. First of all, with the new law in vigour, the first week of school I found out she had 8 teachers! 8 bloody teachers!!!! So I went and fought for the maestra unica, then they told us they wouldn't be doing full time until Feb seeing as the teacher "had previous engagements" in the afternoon (teaching on the sly) so I went and started a war for that too now this.....My daughter is still in bed and she is not going back there until they pull their socks up. And I've called in the "heavy forces" by calling in favours I have in Rome with the Education Ministers office so I am gunning for her being fired and not allowed to teach ever again!

My kids are both at the Elementare in a little town just outside Turin and both have the 'English' teacher for their respective years as their teachers. My 6yo is not allowed to answer any questions in English lessons as 'she knows already' (she might show the teacher up ) and my son was so pleased when his teacher broke her leg just before Xmas that it was indecent but understandable. His new word is 'Bis-quits' which is how Miss Sparkly (penchant for glitter glue eyeliner is not attractive in a Forty-Something teacher for Parents evening imho ) pronounces biscuits and has all the italian kids AND my son pronouncing the word... before that it was 'Sweathers' which are like jumpers!!
Typical!!!!!!!! I used to teach with the Lingua2000 project (EU funds for schools in the south to get mother tongue teachers in) and I had one of the teachers claim I wasn't mother tongue because I pronounced fruit without the I and biscuits without the Q . She also claimed at parents evening, when she found out I was privately teaching some of the kids that she continued to fail, that if the kids couldn't understand her then they were lost for because she spoke the best English in Campania because she'd been to London for a month one of the parents said, well I think someone who has been speaking English all their life knows a bit more than what you learnt in a month

Why is it that "English Teachers" are always the ones with mental problems or weird dress sense???????
I hope that you going in guns-ablazing will give the school a kick, but don't be surprised if it doesn't. Big hugs to you allxxxxxxx
Oh I will....have an appointment at 10am so if you hear on the 1 o'clock news about a "situation" at a primary school in Salerno you'll know its me

xx
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynnxa
similar happened to us in Spain

there are a lot of native English speakers in my kids school

the English teacher a couple of years ago could barely string a sentence together

she lasted just one term after many complaints

you see my little one is the only native speaker in the school. The younger one is still at nursery and I go in there 3 times a week to speak English to them. So she's better off (even though she ignores me when I go there as she thinks I'll show her up ) This one won't last the week if she annoys me today!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Dont worry we're flying in this afternoon. Hit squad of ex Gardai and out of work brickies.

Where are youse coming to?! If youse need a good fry up my doors always open lads (even if youse are ex gards )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.