Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Italian Armed Forces

Italian Armed Forces

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

toms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Italian Armed Forces

Hello, I was just wondering what the requirements regarding citizenship/nationality were in the Italian armed forces. I know for the Netherlands at least you can enlist without being a citizen, I would try to find out myself but I dont speak Italian and the translators wont work for images/buttons Thanks for any help in advance.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:19 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian Armed Forces

Originally Posted by toms
Hello, I was just wondering what the requirements regarding citizenship/nationality were in the Italian armed forces. I know for the Netherlands at least you can enlist without being a citizen, I would try to find out myself but I dont speak Italian and the translators wont work for images/buttons Thanks for any help in advance.
I'm not sure about the armed forces but I can try and find out for you.

Things might have changed recently as I do know that 2 years ago after giving the local policemen a course of English, they asked me if I wanted to sit the exams and become one of them. I told them I couldn't as I don't have Italian citizenship.
They told me that it wasn't necessary anymore as long as you had citizenship from another European country.

I don't know if that is the same for the armed forces. This was not the Carabiniere but the "polizia locale."

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Sep 24th 2009 at 8:25 am.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I'm not sure about the armed forces but I can try and find out for you.

Things might have changed recently as I do know that 2 years ago after giving the local policemen a course of English, they asked me if I wanted to sit the exams and become one of them. I told them I couldn't as I don't have Italian citizenship.
They told me that it wasn't necessary anymore as long as you had citizenship from another European country.

I don't know if that is the same for the armed forces. This was not the Carabiniere but the "polizia locale."
Ahh excellent.

Plan on spending a year or two just working in the bars then go from there

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

unfortunately you need Italian citizenship to join the army

I REQUISITI
Cittadinanza Italiana
età da 18 a 25 anni ed essere single o sposati
idoneità psicofisica ed attitudinale
moralità e condotta incensurabile
alto almeno 1,61 se donna ed 1,65 se uomo
diploma di istruzione secondaria di primo grado (III^ media).

http://www.esercito.difesa.it/root/C...1_concorso.asp
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:09 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clint
unfortunately you need Italian citizenship to join the army

I REQUISITI
Cittadinanza Italiana
età da 18 a 25 anni ed essere single o sposati
idoneità psicofisica ed attitudinale
moralità e condotta incensurabile
alto almeno 1,61 se donna ed 1,65 se uomo
diploma di istruzione secondaria di primo grado (III^ media).

http://www.esercito.difesa.it/root/C...1_concorso.asp
yep - I just found that out too. I looked at the on-line enrolment form and where it says that you declare such and such .. there is the bit about being an Italian citizen.

http://www.difesa.it/NR/rdonlyres/2F...1_EI_rev3e.pdf
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

I found the same Lorna plus the fact the enrolment in the forces is done by concorso, 12000 positions available in the army less in the Navy and Air force
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by clint
I found the same Lorna plus the fact the enrolment in the forces is done by concorso, 12000 positions available in the army less in the Navy and Air force
Think I'm just tall enough to qualify - but I have no intention of joining up anyway.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:42 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

There are some vacancies in Afganistan now.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Ah damn

Thanks a lot for your help guys.