Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

issues with a landlord and return of deposit

issues with a landlord and return of deposit

Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Andrea K is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation issues with a landlord and return of deposit

I would love some help with this problem.

My parents moved to Italy last October and rented a property from an agent in Forli. It was a 6 month contract and then monthly after that.

They wanted to move in July and gave 2 months notice (after the initial 6 months). The landlord has now become extremely difficult and gave them 4 days notice to move out, even though they have paid for the whole of June already.

He was supposed to check them out of the property on 5th June, but didn't turn up. The agent has apologised and is very embarrassed, however the landlord still has their deposit money and the refund from June rent.

Where can they seek legal advice / help from??
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice
Default Re: issues with a landlord and return of deposit

They could try this assocciation:

http://www.cgilfo.com/sunia/sunia.htm
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Andrea K is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks, I'll look into that.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Its the agents problem - he must sort it - and if necessary refund you. If he was all regular and properly done, the issue is with him as the mediator. Good luck