Reload this Page >

Internet and Broadband!!

Internet and Broadband!!

Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

ginty is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Internet and Broadband!!

Hi everyone
Can anyone advise me on setting up broadband when we move to southern italy? We have a telephone line apparently, but it will need reconnecting. Any recommendations, ideas of who to contact, or is our only option Telecom Italia? Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice
Default Re: Internet and Broadband!!

There are alternatives to Telecom Italia but the reality is that it just adds another variable into the equation because Telecom Italia owns all the infrastructure.
If you know your telephone number you can check if broadband is available and all the other offers on the telecom Italia web site at www.187.it
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

hi chris
thanks for replying. you're an invaluable source of information!! I haven't a clue what my telephone number is yet, but once I find out i'll do as you advise thanks again!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:18 am
Just Joined

cazm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, If you can't get broadband through the fixed line, you can use your mobile to connect. Coverage varies but its fast (10x 56kmodem speed)and costs 25euros a month with TIM for anytime evenings and weekends.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cazm
Hey, If you can't get broadband through the fixed line, you can use your mobile to connect. Coverage varies but its fast (10x 56kmodem speed)and costs 25euros a month with TIM for anytime evenings and weekends.
hi cazm
well i didn't know that! wow - technology of today eh? fantastic!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:12 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah this is a fairly new service/offer from Tim - check out their site for the latest offers. You may be able to get a discount on a phone if your current mobile isn't compatible.

Ideal in the summer if you have a latop and want to surf in the garden!
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ginty
Hi everyone
Can anyone advise me on setting up broadband when we move to southern italy? We have a telephone line apparently, but it will need reconnecting. Any recommendations, ideas of who to contact, or is our only option Telecom Italia? Thanks
Whereabouts in southern Italy are you? We are in Puglia, just outside San Vito Dei Normanni. When we originally put our offer in on the house, January 2006, our agent said yes we could get a phone line, and yes we could get broadband, and he would apply straight away for us. We eventually moved in at the beginning of December, got a working phone line in January of this year, broadband on 10th March - oh and we finally completed on our house last week

We are here permanently by the way.

Margaret
Old May 24th 2007, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Margaret M
Whereabouts in southern Italy are you? We are in Puglia, just outside San Vito Dei Normanni. When we originally put our offer in on the house, January 2006, our agent said yes we could get a phone line, and yes we could get broadband, and he would apply straight away for us. We eventually moved in at the beginning of December, got a working phone line in January of this year, broadband on 10th March - oh and we finally completed on our house last week

We are here permanently by the way.

Margaret
Hi Margaret M
We'll soon (hopefully) be in Calabria soon, not too far from Catanzaro! We're almost at the stage of putting our house in England up for sale. We can't wait!! Sounds like the process of sorting your phone line and broadband went smoothly. Who did you choose? Hope you dont mind me asking!! How's life in Puglia then, any regrets yet?
Old May 24th 2007, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ginty
Hi Margaret M
We'll soon (hopefully) be in Calabria soon, not too far from Catanzaro! We're almost at the stage of putting our house in England up for sale. We can't wait!! Sounds like the process of sorting your phone line and broadband went smoothly. Who did you choose? Hope you dont mind me asking!! How's life in Puglia then, any regrets yet?
Phone line smoothly - 12 months? Telecom Italia. Life in Puglia is great, absolutely no regrets.