Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Indiana Jones in English

Indiana Jones in English

Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:44 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Indiana Jones in English

Ciao tutti,
Does anyone in this forum know of any cinema in the north of Italy showing the latest Indiana Jones film in the original language?
I'm a big fan and am very tempted to catch a flight to Stansted and watch the film in nearby Braintree (and do a bit of shopping at the outlet there) but don't think the OH will be too amused considering she's about to give birth in a few weeks!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

katu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nice
Default Re: Indiana Jones in English

Not too impressed , I think you may be underestimating the strength of feeling somewhat <grin>

There are no cinema's that I've seen, but I'll give you a heads up if that changes.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

clare-h is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi We all want to see it too! I have heard that Lucca show films in language of origin sometimes so I'm on a mission to find out - will let you know.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 3:54 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Duffer!!! It was on here all last week in English!! It went off on Thursday, sorry mate!

Try Bologna, they do original language versions in some cinema's.

For Florence you want Gruppo Cine Hall and it's the Odeon. We're off to see that new Owen Wilson film tonight. It closes for summer end of June, then re-opens first week September. There are 3 showings a week unless it's something like IJ which played for a full week.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 3:56 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Duffer!!! It was on here all last week in English!! It went off on Thursday, sorry mate!

Try Bologna, they do original language versions in some cinema's.

For Florence you want Gruppo Cine Hall and it's the Odeon. We're off to see that new Owen Wilson film tonight. It closes for summer end of June, then re-opens first week September. There are 3 showings a week unless it's something like IJ which played for a full week.
oh b*ll*cks!
well bologna is not too far...
thanks
Old Jun 9th 2008, 3:57 pm
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by katu
Not too impressed , I think you may be underestimating the strength of feeling somewhat <grin>

There are no cinema's that I've seen, but I'll give you a heads up if that changes.
you've seen it?
it's got ok reviews not brilliant but that wont stop me
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:17 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

have you tried phoning the Warner Village complex ??
They sometimes show new "blockbuster" films in original lamguage. Failing that do you know any Americans that might be able to get you onto base as a guest ?
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:02 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
have you tried phoning the Warner Village complex ??
They sometimes show new "blockbuster" films in original lamguage. Failing that do you know any Americans that might be able to get you onto base as a guest ?
Ciao Lorna,

On the Warner Village website, when they are showing films in English, they list the title in English and the description also in English (as opposed to INDIANA JONES E IL REGNO DEL TESCHIO). Unfortunately, they are showing it in Pescara only.

I don't really want to surrender my chocolate starfish to some Yanky Marine who invites me back to the base. I like Indiana Jones but not THAT much!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

sands will become famous soon enough

Why don't you just download it?? Isn't that what EMule is for
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:10 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm downloading the Sex and The City Movie right now - and I know you're not a big fan Sands but I quite liked it - was so much better than watching old awful Maurizio Costanzo and his crappy talk shows !!!!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

sands will become famous soon enough

I read somewhere that SJP has been voted the most unsexy woman - 2 years running!! Even unlimited Manolo Blahniks wouldn't ease the pain if I read that about me!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

richeller is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently the cinemas in Piazza Cittadella in Verona show V.O movies every Tuesday. You could try there.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:16 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by sands
Why don't you just download it?? Isn't that what EMule is for
Because it's illegal ;-)
Honestly, I download tons but only DVD rips to ensure best quality. Besides, I've always watched the Indiana Jones films at the cinema. Might bite the bullet and watch it in Italian!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:17 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I'm downloading the Sex and The City Movie right now - and I know you're not a big fan Sands but I quite liked it - was so much better than watching old awful Maurizio Costanzo and his crappy talk shows !!!!
Warner had the English version showing in Verona!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:42 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by richeller
Apparently the cinemas in Piazza Cittadella in Verona show V.O movies every Tuesday. You could try there.
What's VO - very old? like black and white shit?
It's only Indiana Jones (and probably the next James Bond film) that I'm interested in. And watching it now.
In Vicenza they have a Cineforum in English every Mondays at the Odeon running from October to March with about 20 films.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.