If you could

Old Nov 17th 2009, 5:47 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of
Default If you could

If you could live in another country which one would you choose and why?
Sounds like an exam question...
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice
Default Re: If you could

UK becuase it will always be home
Old Nov 17th 2009, 7:25 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

The US. Major opportunities for the businesses we run/have run. Amazing range of places to live, way ahead with most things, can be a much higher standard of living compared to same here or UK. I have quite a few friends from there now too, so I can vouch for some of the residents! But we are too old and have nothing to offer now, so here will have to do!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Hmmmmm... well I don't fancy the US. Do you know that there are even more annoying americans living there TR??!! My friend has just moved to Perth but even with the language being the same she still is struggling making friends and stuff and tbh it is only spring and in the mid 30's so I would melt. I quite fancy somewhere like Canada or New Zealand but the UK would do at a push. I've always wanted to go to Sweden too but not sure about living there.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 12:14 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

I can't believe your TOO old. What a thing to say Testa & you a red head! AND....nothing to offer. Piffle! Where's yer spirit girl! I'd love to keep moving and moving and moving, a bit like a gypsy....of course it would have to be in a fantastic campervan. I have a tendency to get bored easily, it's not good for OH though.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 2:57 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ernesto! I actually meant the Yanks think I'm too old, but I think you knew that! And I don't have any kind of skill or profession they have a shortage of. Plus I think you need to have a bit stashed for them to let you in like Oz! €5k here seems paltry by comparison!!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Thanks Ernesto! I actually meant the Yanks think I'm too old, but I think you knew that! And I don't have any kind of skill or profession they have a shortage of. Plus I think you need to have a bit stashed for them to let you in like Oz! €5k here seems paltry by comparison!!
Yes, not just money stashed for Oz but the money for the visas and stuff was eyewatering and if they say no right at the end then you're stuffed and you've lost all your money... my friends had just turned 40 and this was the last chance they had. I just need to save up and go for a visit now. Hardly a long weekend destination is it??!!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 5:24 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I think perhaps some of us grew up with a general idea that Oz, Us, Canada etc gave you more, or indeed a better life. It might once have been so but I've read loads of posts on those forums on here and there is another one called Moving Back To The UK - a lot of very unhappy people in those countries. Makes one think !

Mind you - I guess some folks would be unhappy everywhere but even people who spent years researching and saving for their dream life in Oz have discovered it's not all that great.
Others of course love it.
Retirement might be different - then you do bascially what you like and are out of the workforce - good or bad - petty workmates - crap pay - crap holiday time - no paid sick leave or whatever etc. Downside then I suppose is health care and getting older.

All swings and roundabouts as my Dad would say.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I think perhaps some of us grew up with a general idea that Oz, Us, Canada etc gave you more, or indeed a better life. It might once have been so but I've read loads of posts on those forums on here and there is another one called Moving Back To The UK - a lot of very unhappy people in those countries. Makes one think !

Mind you - I guess some folks would be unhappy everywhere but even people who spent years researching and saving for their dream life in Oz have discovered it's not all that great.
Others of course love it.
Retirement might be different - then you do bascially what you like and are out of the workforce - good or bad - petty workmates - crap pay - crap holiday time - no paid sick leave or whatever etc. Downside then I suppose is health care and getting older.

All swings and roundabouts as my Dad would say.
Isn't it just!! Must admit I think something shifted in my brain yesterday. I was walking to the school to get the kids and I suddenly thought to myself: 'I bloody well live in Italy. Italy!! How lucky am I?!' Wonder how long that will last eh??!!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 5:47 pm
The Original Red Head!

You been taking the happy pills!! Lol! I was walking past one of the dumper bins we have here and someone had dropped their empty box for the Valium! Made me laugh, I don't know why!!

Maybe the weather is about right at the moment - it's certainly suiting me better, about 21 today, cold morning and night but it feels right and the light is lovely, but then my first ever visit to Italy was at Christmas so maybe that has a lot to do with it!!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

I often think of this Ernesto and have to say I really really dont know
At a push I'd like to say maybe Sweden or Norway but its probably too cold there !
I know I wouldnt want to go back to the Channel Islands. Very hard to choose though.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 8:57 pm
The Original Red Head!

Anyone seen No1 Ladies Detective Agency? I know Lorna has. It's one of those strange things, when the beeb does something right it really does it right! Botswana is probably a dreadful place to live in reality, but it looks great on that show! So laid back and WARM!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:48 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Anyone seen No1 Ladies Detective Agency? I know Lorna has. It's one of those strange things, when the beeb does something right it really does it right! Botswana is probably a dreadful place to live in reality, but it looks great on that show! So laid back and WARM!
I'll second that. Looks a wonderful place from the films.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

pansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nice

My beloved peak district in derbyshire. We have travelled a great deal, its still the most beautiful place to me.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Scratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond repute

After living in Italy for three years, I have spent the last two years living in the Gulf and can not wait to get back to Italy in the new year. The grass may seem greener on the other side but generally it isn't.

Scratcher

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.