Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

I NEED A REALTOR WHO DEALS IN ENGLISH BY THE BERGAMO OR PAVIA PROVINCE

I NEED A REALTOR WHO DEALS IN ENGLISH BY THE BERGAMO OR PAVIA PROVINCE

Old Dec 11th 2009, 9:57 am
Just Joined

COKOLISO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I NEED A REALTOR WHO DEALS IN ENGLISH BY THE BERGAMO OR PAVIA PROVINCE

HI YOU ALL: I am looking for a realtor who deals in English in the area of Pavia, Bergamo, Milano, the lakes. I have been trying to buy a place in these areas but the language and the different laws and regulations have made it rather difficult. Could you recommend anyone?
Thank you so much
cokoliso
Old Dec 11th 2009, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I NEED A REALTOR WHO DEALS IN ENGLISH BY THE BERGAMO OR PAVIA PROVINCE

Sorry for my ignorance, but I had to look this term up on the net.
I am afraid that you will not be able to find realtor in Italy as most estate agents here are not brokers with the client's best needs in mind.
They simply show you a property and maybe help with the compromesso( a document outlining the sale and deposit), and wait to be paid for the lousy work they do.
A notary does all the paperwork and you can find an English speaking one( we did).
Have you checked the estate agents websites for properties in the area you are looking for?

Isakat
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: I NEED A REALTOR WHO DEALS IN ENGLISH BY THE BERGAMO OR PAVIA PROVINCE

Hi Isakat...I have called a number of differente realtors, but no one seems to speak much English to conduct a business transaction. Do you have the name of the person who helped you?
Thanks
coko
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

I am happy to forward the details of the notaio who did the paperwork for us.However, you will only need him after you have agreed a sale.
He did 2 copies of the atto, one in Italian and the other in English and was very thorough in checking everything.
He is based in Rome, though, but who knows, might travel.
I would not want to advertise him, is there a way I can email his details to you?

I wanted to suggest to you to write the requirements of the property you are looking for in Italian and send /email them to all the estate agencies.Sometimes they keep your details and when a property comes up, they might call you.
Is there someone who can help you with Italian?

Kind regards,

Isakat
Old Dec 12th 2009, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Hi Isakat...thank you for your prompt reply...you can send the info at

SNIP

thanx again

coko.

PS. I am really trying to get a place up north: mountains, lakes, forests...that is my goal

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Dec 13th 2009 at 6:03 am. Reason: email address
Old Dec 13th 2009, 6:05 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by COKOLISO
Hi Isakat...thank you for your prompt reply...you can send the info at

SNIP

thanx again

coko.

PS. I am really trying to get a place up north: mountains, lakes, forests...that is my goal

Hi guys,

I snipped out the personal email address. One never knows who might be lurking. You can use the email service or the PM (private message) service provided by British Expats.

Just click on a member's username at the lefthand side of one of their posts and a small drop down menu will apppear.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

To the OP, I have sent you a PM