Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

I just want to go home -

I just want to go home -

Old Oct 2nd 2020, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all
Default I just want to go home -

"I just went to go home" - how Covid-19 changed expat life
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I just want to go home -

Unfortunately unreadable 😾

Last edited by philat98; Oct 2nd 2020 at 3:12 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

We are supposed to be in UK now for a month,we decided to let the flight go.We've been here since the day before national lockdown and on reflection that was a godsend.Driving back on the 30th Oct not relishing the thought but have to see family.We normally stopover 3 times in nice hotels and locations.This time we are renting apartments and going on the Channel train.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 6:57 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
Unfortunately unreadable 😾
Google the headline and pick it up from the search results to bypass the paywall the direct link throws up.

It's perfectly legit - they let you read a few articles a month that way.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 8:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat077 is an unknown quantity at this point

Un-paywalled version here:

https://archive.fo/E7yc6
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian12
We are supposed to be in UK now for a month,we decided to let the flight go.We've been here since the day before national lockdown and on reflection that was a godsend.Driving back on the 30th Oct not relishing the thought but have to see family.We normally stopover 3 times in nice hotels and locations.This time we are renting apartments and going on the Channel train.
Things have been well organised in Umbria. Our Coop is still giving tickets for entry and everyone is wearing gloves and masks or at least cleaning their hands at the door. My partner has been to day hospital in Perugia and she was Covid tested at the entrance.
The main problem is the economic hit with quite a few local businesses in trouble.
I dont think anything would have been much better in the UK.

Last edited by philat98; Oct 3rd 2020 at 9:29 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

What a useful tool that Archive.org is: thank you malcom1970.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by philat98
Things have been well organised in Umbria. Our Coop is still giving tickets for entry and everyone is wearing gloves and masks or at least cleaning their hands at the door. My partner has been to day hospital in Perugia and she was Covid tested at the entrance.
The main problem is the economic hit with quite a few local businesses in trouble.
I dont think anything would have been much better in the UK.
Sorry,that was my point,I feel a lot safer in Calabria.I don't fancy going back to the anarchy in the UK.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 9:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat077 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Plan B
What a useful tool that Archive.org is: thank you malcom1970.
You're welcome.

It's "archive.fo". "archive.org" is a different site.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

This is a bit more positive from the Telegraph with a woman moving to Catania.
https://archive.is/pLARI

Last edited by philat98; Oct 5th 2020 at 10:51 am.