Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

How hot is it for you?

How hot is it for you?

Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:48 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of
Default How hot is it for you?

Its hot here....29deg, Phew!!!!!!!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

debra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How hot is it for you?

Originally Posted by ernesto
The whole week here has been unbearable, some days into the 40's. We now have high winds that have cooled the island down (a bit), but set to take off to very high temperatures on Monday. Only place to be this week is in the sea
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ernesto
It`s cooled down here today by about 10c to 29c. lol
Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:19 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

36 in shade about noon..
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:13 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Next week I hear it's gonna be in the 40's....Can I cope. Yeh!!!!! Just think of all those cold, wet, grey, overcast summers in Blighty. It's also cooler today here about 29deg. What do you's do to keep cool?
Ern
Old Jul 18th 2009, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

go in the bathroom - wet my arms , face , hair and then go and stand right in front of the fan on full blast. Works a treat
(ooh but be careful cos you might just get a.....colpo d'aria )
Old Jul 18th 2009, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

16 degrees and drizzling here. I love it!!!! Don't miss the permenant sweating which was July in Naples at all.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Cesena F-ing HOT Just like me ladies
Old Jul 19th 2009, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

a mix here, we hit 40degrees mid week but friday was weird and rainy, sunny, fresh, muggy, thundery all in one day!! I think all round Torino was the same. Yesterday we headed up to Mongenevro which is one of the ski resorts that has a lot of summer activities too and the lady in the bike hire shop said they had snow on friday there!! Strange weather eh??!!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 7:28 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

We have a/c but I use it as little as poss. It has just a fan setting which we use with the doors open. At night when OH is here we use the a/c setting as he reacts really badly to mozzie bites so we keep the windows shut!

We are off to Spain next week, way down South. As JDR says - 29 will be cool, but it never feels as hot as the humidity isn't as noticeable!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

We used to used the air con on the dehumidifier setting. That wasn'r as over powering as the air con, but more effective than the fan setting.

What about getting mozzie screens up Testa? We had one up only at the kitchen window but it was good to have. If it had been my own place (not rented) i'd have put them up at all of the windows.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

We've got fly/mozzie screens up at most windows and I have to say that while it works most of the time .....theres always some little blighter that gets in somewhere I think they sit waiting and when you go to close the shutters at night they sneak in
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

our house is rented and I went and brought the sticky velcroey ones for the windows and they work well but i know that i will bin them at the end of the summer as they are looking ropey already!! Trouble is flies etc get in quick when kids leave the flipping front door open!!!!! No air con just a couple of fans and a bit of savvy as to when to open up the blinds on which side of the house.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:13 pm
The Original Red Head!

We are renting, plus the house has alsorts of covenants on it 'cos it's in an historic garden, also I tried the velcro ones and they don't stick to the wooden frame on my windows. I've got an Ikea net on Antonia's bed, Alex already had a mesh on his shutter as it is on the back of the house, sort of...Bearing in mind my place looks like a Limonaia, so it is all doors and windows on one frontage with nothing at the back it is really difficult to mozzie it without just giving in and closing everything and sticking the a/c on, when OH is here anyway. Having said that, I was getting bothered in the garden earlier so stuck one of the mats in an outside socket near where I was sitting - perfect, no mozzies came near me and up until then there had been loads!!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

I must admit we are just doing what we feel with this house tbh!! The basement flooded badly last september in a freak storm and there was no help from landlord, we relied on our neighbours to help us, the fridge is from the 80s the oven is worse than useless despite getting the landlord out numerous times so we kinda just said 'stuff it' this year and did what we felt like!! It kinda works for us this year but then again it hasn't been too hot really either!!