Reload this Page >

How do I get a codice fiscale?

How do I get a codice fiscale?

Old May 17th 2009, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

midlandpete is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking How do I get a codice fiscale?

From what I gather the codice fiscale seems to be needed for all sorts of thing

I dont live in Italy (yet) - how do I get a codice fiscale when I visit in the summer

What will the codice fiscale enable me to do that I cannot do now?

Pete
Old May 18th 2009, 5:21 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I get a codice fiscale?

The codice fiscale is similar to a national insurance number but it also a personal identification code.

It's made up of a total of 16 numbers and letters.

The first three letters are from your surname ....the second three from your first name. Then come two numbers which are the year you were born. Somewhere in the rest there is a code connected to your place of birth. Each place has its own code. My code is a different one to the kids as mine is a code for GB and not an Italian comune.

Not sure what makes up the rest.

I have had to write mine out so many times over the years that I now know it off by heart.

Just find out were your nearest "Agenzia Delle Entrate" is - walk in and say that you need a new codice fiscale.

Take your passport.
Old May 19th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by midlandpete

I dont live in Italy (yet) - how do I get a codice fiscale when I visit in the summer
Pete, you won't need one for just visiting, or as a student but you won't be able to live and work without one.
Old May 25th 2009, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Pete, you won't need one for just visiting, or as a student but you won't be able to live and work without one.
Understood I need one to open a bank account with the post office?

Pete
Old May 26th 2009, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Understood I need one to open a bank account with the post office?

Pete
Ah yes probably - the Post office is the kind of place they'll look at you in a funny way if you say you haven't got one.

Anyway obtaining the CFseems to be one of the easiest things to do so get one anyway.
some info in Italian
Old May 28th 2009, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: How do I get a codice fiscale?

Ah yes probably - the Post office is the kind of place they'll look at you in a funny way if you say you haven't got one.

Anyway obtaining the CFseems to be one of the easiest things to do so get one anyway.
some info in Italian
So as I understand it to get "coded" I just find an "Agenzia Delle Entrate" - whats that? - and is there one in every town?

Worth getting will need one anyway if we move to Italy - how long does it last - are there any restrictions?

Pete
Old May 28th 2009, 9:50 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

So as I understand it to get "coded" I just find an "Agenzia Delle Entrate" - whats that? - and is there one in every town?

Worth getting will need one anyway if we move to Italy - how long does it last - are there any restrictions?

Pete
Once you have it you are registered with it for life ............... unless for some reason you decide to go and tell them to cancel it.

I have an Ozzie/Italian friend whose mother has been in Oz since 1943 or something and the mother still is registered. The friend and I recently checked her out on the interactive website and she is still part of the archive.

To find the nearest one to you ask your neighbours where it is or google "agenzie delle entrate" followed by the name of your comune.

That should come up with all info, given that it was essentially a tax code and Italians love taxes .............. edit to read ......... not the ones that have to pay all of them !
Old May 29th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Pete
Pete

I think there's one for every Provincia. Anway there's a 'finder' here ..

http://www1.agenziaentrate.it/ingles...ind_office.htm

The Agenzie delle Entrate website is quite good and partly even in English.
http://www1.agenziaentrate.it/inglese/

and at least round my way it is one of the more 'modernised' public offices. (and so they should be with all the money they get!! hahaha)
Old Jun 4th 2009, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: How do I get a codice fiscale?

Pete

I think there's one for every Provincia. Anway there's a 'finder' here ..

http://www1.agenziaentrate.it/ingles...ind_office.htm

The Agenzie delle Entrate website is quite good and partly even in English.
http://www1.agenziaentrate.it/inglese/

and at least round my way it is one of the more 'modernised' public offices. (and so they should be with all the money they get!! hahaha)
Thanks, most helpful, will be able to use this when I visit

pete