Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

House clearance.

House clearance.

Old Aug 25th 2022, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

brandersnatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House clearance.

I have, along with my children, inherited my mothers house in the province of Treviso. The house needs clearing out before sale. Are there house clearance companies like in the UK? Also is skip hire available?
Its odd, I’ve visited Italy so many times over the years but I’ve got no idea how day to day stuff like this all works.
Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Old Aug 26th 2022, 7:07 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House clearance.

Originally Posted by brandersnatch
I have, along with my children, inherited my mothers house in the province of Treviso. The house needs clearing out before sale. Are there house clearance companies like in the UK? Also is skip hire available?
Its odd, I’ve visited Italy so many times over the years but I’ve got no idea how day to day stuff like this all works.
Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Hi, You need something like this. The key word is definitely 'sgombero'.

https://www.prontopro.it/tv/treviso/sgombero

https://www.sgombero.it/sgombero-treviso/
Old Aug 26th 2022, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

These people appear to offer a free service.
https://traslochiesgomberigratis.it/sgomberi-gratuiti/
Old Aug 26th 2022, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Thank you both for your replies. Something to look in to.
Any ideas on skip hire or isn’t that a thing in Italy.
Old Aug 26th 2022, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure you can actually get the stuff out? So much Italian furniture was built in situ so it may need taking apart.
And can anyone explain why Italians always take the fitted kitchen?
Old Aug 26th 2022, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Listen Very Carefully
Are you sure you can actually get the stuff out? So much Italian furniture was built in situ so it may need taking apart.
And can anyone explain why Italians always take the fitted kitchen?
There’s nothing much fitted so that’s no problem 😉
Old Aug 26th 2022, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Where I live there is a man who lives by collecting junk. He has a little Ape van and he takes anything away. I dont know whether those people still exist in the north.
Old Aug 26th 2022, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brandersnatch
Any ideas on skip hire or isn’t that a thing in Italy.
It's not really a thing here.

I'd say it doesn't exist, but then it's in the nature of this forum that someone will immediately pop up with a link to a company that does it...

I think that the Italian way of disposing of stuff involves getting some guys with a flat bed truck to come and collect it.

And then not asking which roadside or place of natural beauty those guys dump the stuff at. I jest. Slightly.

It's also quite common for people to just store old furniture and general house clearance waste in one of the many storage areas you find in typical Italian houses. Indefinitely. Forever.

​​​​​​You can try asking the comune... but they'll probably expect you to transport It the local tip and then they'll quibble over what you can actually dispose of
Old Aug 27th 2022, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

When I lived in Italy in a small village a disabled neighbour decided to move into the nearest town for ease of shopping doctors etc.I like other neighbours helped her move.The cantina was full of what I can only describe as junk including a pair of oars and an outboard motor.I innocently suggested that as we had Zio Gabrielle's Ape at our disposal that perhaps we could take stuff to the dump.The Italian neighbours looked at me in "the funny foreigner does not understand" sort of way and the owner of the aforesaid boating items protested loudly that they would come in handy one day.So the stuff all went off to her nice new house in town was deposited in the garden until it was found a home in the loft....that probably explains why skips are big in Italy
Old Sep 1st 2022, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

There is a free monthly magazine. "Qui C'è", that you can pick up in most shops and advertises this sort of service. The website is rather informative (if shops aren't handy!); it's printed in Vittorio Veneto (TV) so must cover that province.
I would offer to help but I'm a "that's bound to come in handy" type.
Old Sep 1st 2022, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jiminalpago
There is a free monthly magazine. "Qui C'è", that you can pick up in most shops and advertises this sort of service. The website is rather informative (if shops aren't handy!); it's printed in Vittorio Veneto (TV) so must cover that province.
I would offer to help but I'm a "that's bound to come in handy" type.
Cool thanks. I’ll have a look.