Reload this Page >

HELP!!! Scooter and Car advice - I'm so confused :(

HELP!!! Scooter and Car advice - I'm so confused :(

Old May 20th 2012, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Jode_76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: HELP!!! Scooter and Car advice - I'm so confused :(

Hi guys!

Sorry for my hiatus...there was a death of a close friend of my GF's family, so it's been quite hectic around here.

Weird how they just leave the body in bed, and everyone goes into the room to pay their respects...over 2 days....very strange, also...nice.

Thanks so much for all your help and advice, even if it is all pretty much what I didn't want to hear

Anyway - this is my plan, please let me know your thoughts:

----------------------------------------------------------

I don't actually have a bike license, just a CBT, which ran out last year. So I'm going to go back to the UK and do it, then I'm going to insure the bike. (its only £120 for the year).

I can't do an MOT as I'm not taking the bike all the way back home - and thus I can't TAX it either.

I understand that it wont be 'road legal' but basically I'm going to ride around with my license, my CBT license, and an insurance document. If I ever get stopped I am told they will only ask for a license and insurance document. They actually have no idea what an MOT or TAX is.

In the event I hit a car - I would sort it the cash way - happens a lot around here.

As for the car - we know the owner and we are going to ask her to transfer ownership to me - is this easier than the dead uncle thing? Or does it still involve money changing hands and papers sat in a pile on an official desk for months?

----------------------------------------------------------

@ o'nonno: thanks for your link very helpful.

@ Pecora Nera: I'm glad I may have spurred you to start your blog again - it was really endearing! I'm based in Sant'Antonio Abate - sandwiched in between Vesuvio and Monti Lattari.

Thanks again everyone - I haven't finished with the questions yet though! This is one very beautiful confusing country