Reload this Page >

Help find a little cottage or farm house in Italy

Help find a little cottage or farm house in Italy

Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

pixpast is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Help find a little cottage or farm house in Italy

Hi chaps.
Im brand new here on the forum and was wondering if someone could help.

The girlfriend and me want to do a 10 day holiday to Italy.
We would love to rent a little cottage or farm for 10 days and basically live on the land, buy the local products, cook in our own little kitchen and get happily drunk on Frazzanti every evening.
The only thing is, I have no idea where to start my search ?

I was once in the area of Anzio south of rome and that was really beautiful, so if I was able to get any thing in that part of the world, that would be super.

Also do you think guys, August would be a runner ?? or too crazy busy ??

Where should I start.... i kinda dont believe a lot of these holiday booking sites... a lot of fake adverts on them these days.. got burnt once already :-(

maybe some one here actually knows some one with a little cottage or farm to rent ?? two brits looking to live the dream... well atleast for 10 days ;-)

any help help be super. thanks.
Ian :-)
Old Mar 11th 2013, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help find a little cottage or farm house in Italy

Would you consider Sicily?

I can recommend you a cottage there with breathtaking views on the coast in the National park( we stayed there, not our property).
Avoid August like the plague.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 10:51 am
Just Joined

pixpast is an unknown quantity at this point

That sounds really nice. Does the cottage have a OK kitchen, we love to cook :-) actually do you have any photos ? if yes could you email me one or two when you have the time.. SNIP SNIP
Also do you have direct contact information with the owner ?

another question, what did it cost roughly ?

final question and then ill leave you peace.. for the moment :-) what time would be good.. is Ausgust really really bad in Italy ? was never there at the time?

thanks a lot and have a nice day.

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Mar 11th 2013 at 11:00 am. Reason: removed personal email
Old Mar 11th 2013, 11:04 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixpast
That sounds really nice. Does the cottage have a OK kitchen, we love to cook :-) actually do you have any photos ? if yes could you email me one or two when you have the time.. SNIP SNIP

final question and then ill leave you peace.. for the moment :-) what time would be good.. is Ausgust really really bad in Italy ? was never there at the time?

Hello and welcome.

I have removed your email address as it's not a good idea to put it here, open to the whole world. We have our own in house private message service (which is available to new members after 3 posts).

August can be very, very hot here and lots of places shut down in August. The bigger shops and supermarkets etc don't, but plenty of smaller and family run businesses and bars do making it a bit harder to get bread and milk etc. Even the chemist in my village shuts for 3 weeks !
"Chiuso per ferie"
Old Mar 11th 2013, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixpast

Ian, have sent you a personal message.