hello again!

Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Embles is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile hello again!

Hi I posted on here a while back but now our move to Italy is finally happening just wanted to post again.
My family and I are moving to Turin on 22nd September with my husband's job. We have found a nice house in Pino Torinese, which seems like a good area.
I am also pregnant again (19 weeks) with number 2 - I hope to have the baby at Sante Croce hospital in Moncalieri.
Anyway, am very excited but also scared/nervous and trying to get my head around learning Italian...
I'm sure I'll have lots of questions once we have actually moved, but just wanted to say 'hi'!
Emily
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: hello again!

Originally Posted by Embles
Hi I posted on here a while back but now our move to Italy is finally happening just wanted to post again.
My family and I are moving to Turin on 22nd September with my husband's job. We have found a nice house in Pino Torinese, which seems like a good area.
I am also pregnant again (19 weeks) with number 2 - I hope to have the baby at Sante Croce hospital in Moncalieri.
Anyway, am very excited but also scared/nervous and trying to get my head around learning Italian...
I'm sure I'll have lots of questions once we have actually moved, but just wanted to say 'hi'!
Emily
Hi Emily,

Good luck with the move and congratulations on your impending new arrival (we are 4 weeks off the birth of our first baby, so if I can be of any help with info in that respect just shout!)

Hope it all goes well for you.

Carrie
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Dinelec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help!

Hi,

I am French but I've been living in London for 2.5 years. I'm pregnant and will be mooving to Firenze soon (mid-november) and my due date is end of January 2008. It's my first baby. Do you know anything about the hospitals in Firenze? Do you know of any natural birthing centres? Where can I know a bit more on what is available over there, how it works and so on?

Many thanks for your help

A
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road

Hi there Dinelec - congratulations on your good news too

The Italian website for the baby shop 'Prenatal' has a list of hospitals and what is offered at each that you can search through - be aware that some of the info is out of date though, so it is worth checking with hospitals directly.

Care in pregnancy and birth seems to vary in quality depending on where you are, so my experiences so far may or may not reflect what you will find in Firenze.

I have had a check up every month at the local clinic with the ostetrica and usually the ginecologo as well, from around 16 weeks until the last few weeks when this has increased to once every two weeks.
I have had three developmental scans, which appears to be standard, at around 14 weeks, 20 weeks and 32 weeks.
Every month I have had to queue up at the local hospital for blood tests (and this is standard too). Won't miss that part of the pregnancy!

Unfortunately we do not have any birthing centres near where I live, so I have been left with no option other than the local hospital. There is info available on such places on the net if you know where to look though - I will send you some links I have found, by a private message.

If you have any specific questions I will try my best to help based on what I have found here so far, so just ask

Hope your move to Italy and your pregnancy goes well.

Carrie
Old Sep 20th 2007, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Embles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CarrieW
Hi Emily,

Good luck with the move and congratulations on your impending new arrival (we are 4 weeks off the birth of our first baby, so if I can be of any help with info in that respect just shout!)

Hope it all goes well for you.

Carrie
Hi Carrie
Thanks for your post! Am currently surrounded by boxes whilst the packers do their jobs. Can't wait to get there now and get settled. We are flying out on Saturday. Good luck with the baby, guess it's not long off now? You must be getting to the 'I just want this baby out NOW' stage! Let us know how the whole birth experience goes in a foreign country!
Emily