Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Health Insurance for Residency

Health Insurance for Residency

Old Jun 24th 2018, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

imiforbes is a jewel in the roughimiforbes is a jewel in the roughimiforbes is a jewel in the roughimiforbes is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Health Insurance for Residency

Originally Posted by a_grz_vr
Hi imiforbes,
Me again, so sorry
I'm on the Generali site now. Did your insurance cover all risks? What did yours cover exactly?
I went onto the CIGNA site...came to about 1,000 pounds per year! AHHHHHHH. But there was a platinum option, silver and gold...and each one covered certain things...I'm wondering what kind of health problems I'm supposed to be covering. Did they tell you that at the comune?
Thanks
(Really, this whole moving thing is becoming a deeper and deeper hole...it's sounding more and more expensive the more I find out about it). The more I'm reading the more I'm thinking you need to be an aristocrat with a castle in your name and 5 acres of land.
I would suggest asking what your commune require. From reading a few threads about this it seems like different communes do things slightly differently (as is the case with many things in Italy). Lots of the policies you see on line are for international cover and so are very expensive- ask for a quote for Italy only cover and it should be cheaper. I think we have a fairly standard policy to cover foreigners staying in Italy temporarily. You could ask the Anagrafe to write down what level of cover they require and then take this into a local insurance office for a quote. Good luck- it can feel overwhelming (especially when looking at lots of information on the internet) but we found that the local Anagrafe office were pretty helpful.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

a_grz_vr is a jewel in the rougha_grz_vr is a jewel in the rougha_grz_vr is a jewel in the rougha_grz_vr is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Health Insurance for Residency

Originally Posted by imiforbes
I would suggest asking what your commune require. From reading a few threads about this it seems like different communes do things slightly differently (as is the case with many things in Italy). Lots of the policies you see on line are for international cover and so are very expensive- ask for a quote for Italy only cover and it should be cheaper. I think we have a fairly standard policy to cover foreigners staying in Italy temporarily. You could ask the Anagrafe to write down what level of cover they require and then take this into a local insurance office for a quote. Good luck- it can feel overwhelming (especially when looking at lots of information on the internet) but we found that the local Anagrafe office were pretty helpful.
Ah thanks so much. I need to start investigating about this. I took two days off from work (Thursday and Friday) because I was so stressed about all of this. I mean stressed to the point I thought it wasn't going to work...
I think in Italy they have the PAGINE BIANCHE (like the Yellow Pages, I think, or YELL.COM). Maybe I can find a local insurance office in Milan this way.
I'm back at work again on Tuesday...it's going to be hard concentrating on work with all of this going on...my mind is somewhere else...maybe you know the feeling!
Bye