Reload this Page >

Have you got a cheap UK car in ITALY? FOR SALE

Have you got a cheap UK car in ITALY? FOR SALE

Old Feb 10th 2015, 10:04 pm
Banned

extremeld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have you got a cheap UK car in ITALY? FOR SALE

Hi,

As it says, i am looking for a cheap UK car in ITALY to buy and drive back to the UK... there must be people out there with old mondeos etc that want a few hundred euro to be shot of them.

Where can i find these people?

On ebay, there are plenty of cars in spain, why not here?

I want to spend no more than 750eur for something.. not too fussy what it is...

Oh yes, and leaving in 3 weeks

anyway got any tips or leads?
Old Feb 11th 2015, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Pinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you got a cheap UK car in ITALY? FOR SALE

Originally Posted by extremeld
Hi,

As it says, i am looking for a cheap UK car in ITALY to buy and drive back to the UK... there must be people out there with old mondeos etc that want a few hundred euro to be shot of them.

Where can i find these people?

On ebay, there are plenty of cars in spain, why not here?
There are nearly a million Brits living in Spain and around 25k in Italy. I guess that you can prove anything with statistics, but if there are 40 times the number of Brits in Spain compared to Italy, the numbers may offer a clue.

(And without getting over complicated, I wonder what the proportion is of British families 'upping sticks and going to live in Spain – and driving over in the old Mondeo' – is to those doing something similar in Italy?)
Old Feb 24th 2015, 12:47 pm
Banned

Gave up, friend is flying to the UK to drive one back so I can then drive it back to the UK.. yup, madness but the easiest solution in the end.

Someone did say they had 2 cars on here, but they never responded to my PMs... would have helped a lot!...

This generally means that i have now got a car going to and from the uk in the next few weeks, fun
Old Feb 24th 2015, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Even if you spend 750 on a car you will probably then spend another 750 on the passaggio di proprietà. So buying a car for a one way trip isnt really worth it.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Have you got a cheap UK car in ITALY? FOR SALE

[QUOTE=modicasa;11574898]Even if you spend 750 on a car you will probably then spend another 750 on the passaggio di proprietà"

Is that why there are so few secondhand car dealers?
Old Feb 25th 2015, 9:13 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=philat98;11575992]
Originally Posted by modicasa
Even if you spend 750 on a car you will probably then spend another 750 on the passaggio di proprietà"

Is that why there are so few secondhand car dealers?
That's my opinion. No big lots of second hand cars here where I live. There are a few smaller dealers, but I've never seen a dirt cheap car for sale.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Pinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lorna at Vicenza;11576801]
Originally Posted by philat98

That's my opinion. No big lots of second hand cars here where I live. There are a few smaller dealers, but I've never seen a dirt cheap car for sale.
My local bar has had an advertisement on its notice board for some time – for a 1987 Panda 4x4 Sisley with 155,000 Km on the clock. The owner – 'Elda' – was originally offering this 'gioiello' for €2,500 – but has now dropped her price to €2,300!

Maybe it's a Piedmont thing – but I don't think I've ever seen a second hand bargain in all my decades in Italy. You'll often find second hand goods advertised at practically 'new' prices. At a local 'mercato delle pulci' some months ago I found an empty and battered old Quality Street tin on sale for more than you'd pay for a new one, full of sugary chocs!
Old Mar 1st 2015, 1:11 pm
Banned

I may not have explained this properly

I was after a UK car so i could buy it for buttons and take it to the uk, the sort of car someone brought to italy but thought, no point taking it back for its mot etc.

I KNOW Italian second hand cars are daft in pricing, and in general they have no concept of their thing losing value as it becomes used or old, i know a girl who bought a bike and sold it for MORE than she paid for it new!!

I got a 2003 jaguar x type 4x4 1000gbp

friend is bringing it here on thursday i am driving it back to the UK.

Versus an 87 panda that is 15 years older and significantly more expensive, its what the yanks might call a no brainer

sure its heavy on fuel, but i do no miles most of the year and doing 130 or 140 on a highway in an ancient panda is not my idea of fun times!

CRAZY PRICING that same car would be 100gbp in the UK!
Old Mar 1st 2015, 2:06 pm
Banned

So the thread can now evolve into, anyone needing anything taken to the uk?

I have a mostly empty car
Old Mar 1st 2015, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Colman Donat is an unknown quantity at this point

Just signed on-board this website...I see that you have already solved your problem with your jaguar 4x4, but just curious...Would You have been interested in a very plain subaru 1994 legacy wagon (automatic, american steering), relatively high mileage but serviceable? approx. 150K miles. Location Lazio? My uncle (zio) occasionally uses it when we are not vacationing in Italy. However, I don't think it could do more than 110kmh on the open road...although it is comical to have virtually everyone else pass us on the road,
perhaps with the exception of those quaint little 3-wheeled utility vehicles one sees in villages and towns!
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:30 am
Banned

if it is a uk car yes it would have been perfect as i could have taken the train to rome, jumped in the car and driven back i have a dog which is why the car is needed v the plane
Old Mar 7th 2015, 1:08 pm
Banned

Not that anyone cares except me but

its on the ferry to sicily now.. woooohooo

Last edited by extremeld; Mar 7th 2015 at 1:11 pm.