Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Getting to Capri

Getting to Capri

Old Apr 9th 2022, 8:58 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting to Capri

Hi everyone. My friend who used to be my neighbour but moved back to Australia years ago is hoping to come back to visit Italy this summer with her daughter. They'd like to visit Capri and wonder which is the best way to get there. From Naples? Sorrento? Anywhere else? She'll also need a "custodito" car park where she can leave the hire car for a few days.
We could of course ask Google, but I reckon your knowledge is better.
Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 10th 2022, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting to Capri

Naples is easier and you have the choice between hydrofoil or ferry, or hydrofoil from Mergellina. You can also go from Salerno.
Old Apr 10th 2022, 12:24 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Hi everyone. My friend who used to be my neighbour but moved back to Australia years ago is hoping to come back to visit Italy this summer with her daughter. They'd like to visit Capri and wonder which is the best way to get there. From Naples? Sorrento? Anywhere else? She'll also need a "custodito" car park where she can leave the hire car for a few days.
Thanks for any help.
I loved the hydrofoil Naples - Capri - Naples, so quick and such a friendly crew.

If your mate is prone to seasickness she might want to pack a sick bag though! I was wondering why the crew were busily handing them out as we approached Capri, but all became clear when we hit rough water. My husband and I were fine (as were many others) but the poor Russian lady directly in front of me wasn't. She was most grateful when I gave her a pack of wet-wipes to help with the clean up.
Old Apr 11th 2022, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Sit at the back, right at the back and you'll feel much less ill.....
Old Apr 11th 2022, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

A week in this hotel would be OK.
https://www.villabrunella.it/
Old Apr 11th 2022, 11:26 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
Sit at the back, right at the back and you'll feel much less ill.....
Old Apr 12th 2022, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Thanks for any help.
Sorry I'm a bit late here, but was trying to work out a reply wthout breaching any advertising regulations.
The main terminals for all the transport companies, NLG, Alilauro, Caremar, are Sorrento, Naples Molo Beverrello, and Naples Mergfellina.
In Sorrento there is a large underground car park just by the harbour piers, b ut quite expensive.
The main underground car park is just off the town square Piazza Tasso, ask for Arturo or Il Principe, and get supervised 24/365 hour
parking at a discount.
Extensive parking available at Naples Molo Beverello, the main terminal for all carriers; and lots of private 'garages' offering a similar
service at Mergellina..
With a Caremar car ferry you could take your car to Capri, but parking there may be problematic and pricy.
Above all, hope your friend has a good and stress free holiday.
Saluti,
'o nonno.
Old Apr 15th 2022, 8:01 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for such great help. I've passed your answers onto my friend who's very grateful too.