Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Geo blocking by BBC

Geo blocking by BBC

Old Jan 3rd 2016, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Geo blocking by BBC

Originally Posted by etnaboom
That site filmon is rather good!

thanks for the mention

I use Surfeasy VPN normally but not often, filmon seems way better than messing around with a dynamic i.p
As long as you have a good WiFi connection, filmon takes some beating. With chromecast you can beam easily to your TV. For 5 eurines a month you can record up to 3 hours of programmes to watch at your leisure and still beam them to your TV set. Whilst 'a nonna is watching some mediaset crap, am about to settle down to last night's Dad's Army 😯
Old Jan 19th 2016, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

ALFIE15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I use UKproxy TV vpn and (fingers crossed) I still have access to BBC iplayer.
Some are talking about this fusebox TV I was wondering what the cost is after the 7 day free trial I cannot seem to find a price ?
Old Jan 19th 2016, 3:07 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ALFIE15
Hi, I use UKproxy TV vpn and (fingers crossed) I still have access to BBC iplayer.
Some are talking about this fusebox TV I was wondering what the cost is after the 7 day free trial I cannot seem to find a price ?
That's just a smart DNS and VPN service.

I am using Private Internet Access and the 1st year subscription can be had for 30USD. Worked last night for both BBC and ITV live streaming services on my Minix android media player.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 11:29 am
Giorgio Miles

Cliftonensis is on a distinguished road

Torguard works ok. It got blocked and they just gave me new DNS addresses.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

notxn85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not quite an answer but may be useful:

I use ukproxy.tv with my broadband internet (I live over the border in Austria but am sure that does not make any difference).
I mainly watch netflix but there are some sites that stream UK tv channels.
The ukproxy.tv site also includes a USA proxy server - so it is far better to use that for netflix as they include UK TV series that are not available from the UK netflix site.
I did try an Amazon firestick plugged into my TV and set to the proxy address but it was a really unreliable gadget and was a total waste of money so I dusted off an old PC and plugged that into my TV instead.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Seldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Duffer
I opted for Private Internet Access but still can't get the BBC. Is yours still OK?
Old Feb 10th 2016, 5:18 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I've just checked it and it is working fine, both iPlayer and ITV player. I'm using PIA openVPN for London if that helps.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Seldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Duffer
Could you check the server address you get for London with PIA? Mine is 104.238.169.92 and I cannot get iplayer on my laptop.
Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:09 pm
Pull my finger

No mine starts with 83.
Are you using OpenVPN or PPTP?
Old Feb 12th 2016, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi Duffer
This is beyond my limited technical knowledge. All I have done is subscribe to PIA and accessed through their London and Southampton servers without success. What else should I be doing? Many thanks for your help.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 8:49 am
Pull my finger

Why use iPlayer when there is YouP*rn? I just don't understand some people.

Well I have just tried the Southampton server at work and it's working fine for me. This is from a windows PC and connecting via the PIA software (the little green robot icon).

At home I have OpenVPN London server installed only on my router and in the last 24hrs we have connected to iPlayer, ITV player, BT Sport and Sky Go from laptops, ipads and Android box. All working good.

Try the Southampton option otherwise I found these instructions on PIA forum which might help -

"The BBC has changed their service to require
location sharing ini order to connect.
This relies on stored cookies on your system. If
you are unable to connect to the BBC player, please
disconnect from the VPN, then clear cache and all
cookies in your browser. Close the browser
entirely, reconnect to the VPN, wait 30 seconds,
and relaunch the browser. After that, go back to
the BBC site, and say Yes to share location. This
will generate a cookie using the new IP info from
the VPN. This should allow you to connect to that
service."
Old Feb 12th 2016, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Just use Filmon. Streaming in SD is free, and for $9 a month you can record and download 11 hours a month. sorry, you can record and download up to 11 hours at a time. Once downloaded, delete the programme from your recordings and the time is freed up to use again. works perfectly here in Philippines.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 9:48 am
Pull my finger

I pay less than half that amount for the VPN and stream in HD on my 50" TV. Why would I want Filmon?
Old Feb 12th 2016, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Duffer
Got it working thanks very much. Mrs Seldom thinks you're wonderful!
Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

jhuxley is an unknown quantity at this point

For those of you that haven't tried Fusebox yet they have a discount code for reddit users (free through April 2016). Best service out there for streaming by far IMO--and I've tried pretty much all of the alternatives.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmartDNS/co...al_for_reddit/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.