Gatwick Hotel

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:36 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gatwick Hotel

Can anyone recommend a hotel near Gatwick for an over night stay?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gatwick Hotel

Originally Posted by 37100
Can anyone recommend a hotel near Gatwick for an over night stay?
The Sofitel is great as it is connected to the terminal and no need for airport buses.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:27 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the Sofitel is fantastic. Our last stay there cost me £400! For one night! You can get reasonable room only rates but they tend to be for singles, they are around the £95 mark. Two others my OH uses regularly - remember he's in and out nearly every other week, are the Mercure and the Premier Inn. He prefer's the Mercure - used to be the Moat House I think but it has been taken over by Accor - Sofitel's owners - and done up in the last few years and now it is apparently really good - my OH wouldn't go there if it was still a pit! There is also the Britannia up the motorway at Crawley, they have a bus, as do the Premier Inn, but I would only use it if the others are full - I'd pay for the Sofitel first!!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Yes, the Sofitel is fantastic. Our last stay there cost me £400! For one night! You can get reasonable room only rates but they tend to be for singles, they are around the £95 mark. Two others my OH uses regularly - remember he's in and out nearly every other week, are the Mercure and the Premier Inn. He prefer's the Mercure - used to be the Moat House I think but it has been taken over by Accor - Sofitel's owners - and done up in the last few years and now it is apparently really good - my OH wouldn't go there if it was still a pit! There is also the Britannia up the motorway at Crawley, they have a bus, as do the Premier Inn, but I would only use it if the others are full - I'd pay for the Sofitel first!!
£400 eeek!

My husband and I have stayed here many, many times when we were going back and forth to Bermuda. Standard double rooms were between about £80-£110.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:24 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I know! My husband told me to book it as he'd got a room for £95 just walking in off the street - his booking with prem inn has gone missing or somesuch so he just walked in. What he was forgetting was that we were 4 not two or one so we had adjoining rooms and it was more like a suite I suppose. But he insisted so I went for it!!