British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   finance help needed (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/finance-help-needed-586268/)

Lorna at Vicenza Jan 23rd 2009 12:53 am

Re: finance help needed

The other trouble is that that could depend on whoever is doing (or not doing) their job at the Comune that day. The Italian legislation says that proof of sufficient funds will be asked for.

37100 Jan 23rd 2009 1:21 am

Since Tosi (Gentilini's pupil) became Mayor the town hall has become far more efficient. Not a fan of his but problems do seem to get addressed instead of being put on the back hob to simmer.

Kenny and Moe Jan 27th 2009 7:56 pm

Reading through this thread it proves that different communes intepretate the rules as they see fit, Jan S, you seem to have had to produce all sorts of stuff, health insurance, bank details etc etc, I on the other hand, had to produce a proof of income and my passport and that was that, could not have been simpler but it did take time. My advice for what it is worth to anyone applying is to visit the Municipio and find out what they want before paying for anything that is not actually required, then gather what is required and go back again.:unsure:

Lorna - with regards to PDS - I can see the mention of it raises your hackles and quite rightly so after all your advice. As a moderator can you not set this site up so that if anyone types it into a post it is automatically deleted :rofl::rofl::rofl: Stay cool

Regards Kenny

Lorna at Vicenza Jan 28th 2009 4:02 am

Hi Kenny and Moe ........... I'm cool.

Out of curiosity - if you only provided proof of income and passport what happens to you if you're ill ? What kind of health care do you have ?

Kenny and Moe Jan 28th 2009 7:12 pm

Lorna,
I'm with the Brit Military here in Naples, we have a Brit doctor and a chucking huge American hospital should we fall ill. Admittedly when I retire in a few months it will be a different thing altogether. E106, health insurance and all that palava. I am just organising a small mortgage and that comes with health insurance, albeit for the amount of the mortgage and will cease when the mortgage is paid back - no tricks missed with Banco di Napoli eh?
Have a good day - Kenny

TestaRossa Jan 28th 2009 10:30 pm

Yes, but looking at the E106 page with DWP because you are military it SHOULD still be a breeze for you! You are fall under all sorts of exemptions that the rest of us don't! Maybe I should get my son to join in 2 years and claim dependency!;)

Kenny and Moe Jan 28th 2009 11:55 pm

Best I go and look at the E106 page soonest :confused:
Get your son to join, absolutely excellent life, lots of travel, lots of pay, lots of other stuff ;). But after 34 years my time is coming to an end, not regretted a second of it though:thumbsup:

Kenny and Moe Jan 28th 2009 11:56 pm

Oops - do you have a link for the E106 stuff? thanks

TestaRossa Jan 29th 2009 12:18 am

Think the link is on the Health Insurance thread - there are a few different pages to look at but I think this link - put up by JDR - goes straight to the exceptions page.:thumbup:

As for son joining military - well he has to do 3 terms cadets starting a year in Easter at his school, so I am going to see how that goes. Wouldn't be my choice but if he does want to I won't try tooo hard to disuade him, honest! His school has a War Cloister so there is a tradition of going into the forces there!!

We had a friend who was called up to Iraq through the T.A. - he has been listening to all his stories and lapping it up! He just needs to know stuff happens too, I think!

Kenny and Moe Jan 29th 2009 1:23 am

Where did the link go? PM it to me if JDR has got his deleting fingers on. As for the laddie, I think it is the parents that need to know things go on more than those that are in, particularly nowadays. This is funny now but it wasn't at the time... I was in the Falklands Conflict as a very young soldier, the first my Mum knew was when she saw me on telly. Didn't get on with my Mum in them days:huh:
Regards Kenny

Kenny and Moe Jan 29th 2009 1:27 am

TR and JDR - now got the link after understanding what 'put up by JDR' meant :o

TestaRossa Jan 29th 2009 2:43 am

Ooops, sorry for the confusion!:o

jdr Jan 29th 2009 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Kenny and Moe (Post 7225785)
TR and JDR - now got the link after understanding what 'put up by JDR' meant :o

I hope TR is not getting me a bad name. lol

TestaRossa Jan 29th 2009 8:42 pm

:rofl::rofl::rofl:! Are we going to see more of you over here, where the food and wine are better then?;)

jdr Jan 30th 2009 12:07 am

Originally Posted by TestaRossa (Post 7228746)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:! Are we going to see more of you over here, where the food and wine are better then?;)

I am taking it easy now, i just look on the activity ticker and answer if I can. ;-))
I got a case of Argi wine (Kosher) very nice 1€ a bottle.