Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Fat people - I need help

Fat people - I need help

Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:58 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fat people - I need help

Hello all,

Which diet is this 4Bells? Sounds like a twist of the fast diet no? 2 days you consume very little calories and the rest of the week?

I've having a bit of a bad week, tomorrow I turn 40 which is bad enough but last Friday I put my back out and I've been incapacitated at home. As a consequence I've been trying really hard to stick to the diet. When I've been at work it's been fairly easy to avoid the snacks but when the fridge is right there next to you, well... Anyway, I experimented again by having a high calorie day last Saturday and a 'normal' day on Sunday followed by a fasting day on Monday. Last Friday I was the lowest weight in ages at 82.7kg - Fridays are the magic days for me - but I put back 2kg during the weekend (same thing happened last weekend and I ended the week quite well) to 84.7kg. This morning I'm at 83.9kg. So if by Friday I am less than 83.3kg I'd be quite pleased: 2kg weight loss in 3 weeks is fine.

On my last fast day I had 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast with black coffee. Small portion of fruit for lunch and boiled eggs with spinach for dinner. So I am not exactly fasting am I?
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

chrismcdonnell will become famous soon enough

One thing to remember too Duffer is that when you avoid large amounts of carbohydrate for an extended period (24h+), your body uses up it's glycogen stores (stored carbs in muscles and the liver, which is bound with water) first before burning fat stores. So initially in the first few days you will see weight go down quickly as that's burnt, but it's not a fat loss.

So then after when you eat carbohydrate again, your body replenishes those stores again and up goes your weight. So don't think you're getting instantly fat from the bread after not eating carbs!
Old Mar 27th 2013, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

2 kg in three weeks is a great result , putting your back out at postural class is terrible. Now try and bear up under the horrors of being 40 and start trying on your suits . As soon as you are ready for the trade fair we expect a decent photo published !
Old Mar 27th 2013, 3:06 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
Hello all,

Which diet is this 4Bells? Sounds like a twist of the fast diet no? 2 days you consume very little calories and the rest of the week?

I've having a bit of a bad week, tomorrow I turn 40 which is bad enough but last Friday I put my back out and I've been incapacitated at home. As a consequence I've been trying really hard to stick to the diet. When I've been at work it's been fairly easy to avoid the snacks but when the fridge is right there next to you, well... Anyway, I experimented again by having a high calorie day last Saturday and a 'normal' day on Sunday followed by a fasting day on Monday. Last Friday I was the lowest weight in ages at 82.7kg - Fridays are the magic days for me - but I put back 2kg during the weekend (same thing happened last weekend and I ended the week quite well) to 84.7kg. This morning I'm at 83.9kg. So if by Friday I am less than 83.3kg I'd be quite pleased: 2kg weight loss in 3 weeks is fine.

On my last fast day I had 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast with black coffee. Small portion of fruit for lunch and boiled eggs with spinach for dinner. So I am not exactly fasting am I?
Originally Posted by chrismcdonnell
One thing to remember too Duffer is that when you avoid large amounts of carbohydrate for an extended period (24h+), your body uses up it's glycogen stores (stored carbs in muscles and the liver, which is bound with water) first before burning fat stores. So initially in the first few days you will see weight go down quickly as that's burnt, but it's not a fat loss.

So then after when you eat carbohydrate again, your body replenishes those stores again and up goes your weight. So don't think you're getting instantly fat from the bread after not eating carbs!

Yes - regarding my 2 days of fruit / veg .. It's def no fast - you should see what I consume lol! Probably 4 bananas 4 apples couple of kiwis punnet of Strawbs!

Will pm
You the diet info
Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:17 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

So I wouldn't be losing any fat just muscles then?

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
2 kg in three weeks is a great result , putting your back out at postural class is terrible. Now try and bear up under the horrors of being 40 and start trying on your suits . As soon as you are ready for the trade fair we expect a decent photo published !
I'm at 83.3kg and today is my fasting day. I'm on target. So do you want a photo of me in my birthday suit? (and just to clarify, was it you or your husband who posted this comment?)

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Yes - regarding my 2 days of fruit / veg .. It's def no fast - you should see what I consume lol! Probably 4 bananas 4 apples couple of kiwis punnet of Strawbs!

Will pm
You the diet info
I've looked into this diet and looks very interesting but not sure about how it will work long term. Plus then there is the cost of the shakes to consider unless of course you just make up your own. Holland & Barrett deliver to Italy!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Duffer,

If you want to know if you are too fat, follow these basic instructions.

1) Stand naked in front of the bedroom mirror.

2) Jump up and down several times.

3) Anything that wobbles needs to be got rid of.

I got rid of 1 wardrobe, 2 chests of drawers .....
Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:26 am
Pull my finger

So your OH wasn't in the room at the same time?
Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

So your OH wasn't in the room at the same time?
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:11 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

So I wouldn't be losing any fat just muscles then?

I'm at 83.3kg and today is my fasting day. I'm on target. So do you want a photo of me in my birthday suit? (and just to clarify, was it you or your husband who posted this comment?)

I've looked into this diet and looks very interesting but not sure about how it will work long term. Plus then there is the cost of the shakes to consider unless of course you just make up your own. Holland & Barrett deliver to Italy!
Think they workout at 50p a shake? Or i may be converting the wrong way -as I said I use as a protein drink ... All the others I have tried from the health shops or supplement stores made me vvvvv Windy lol.

I don't like the IDea really of shake diet replacements because that doesn't educate the crux of the problem and most are filled with crap! But th
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:13 pm
half a century

Oops
But this one I like as it had high protein low sugar and a shed load of bits n minerals and as quick breakfast or lunch covers all the bases u need! Plus my energy level has gone thru roof.

I used a diff protein blend this week as I was out of the other And my tummy is not happy and I am so sleepy!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Pipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond repute

I've having a bit of a bad week, tomorrow I turn 40 which is bad enough but last Friday I put my back out and I've been incapacitated at home. As a consequence I've been trying really hard to stick to the diet.

'Ello!

If you are still looking for a few 'dieting tips', here is my two pennyworth.

Firstly, putting your back out is no excuse to be laying around at home (!). Unless it's doctors orders that you sit on your arse and do nothing, the right kind of exercise will help your back:
Swimming - amazing and enjoyable exercise
Walking - great exercise too and free!!
Strengthen your core muscles

For losing weight - Eat as healthy and natural as you can. Avoid processed fats, processed foods, no fizzy drinks. Try not to drink too much alcohol.
Plenty of veggies, fresh fish, lean small potions of meat, rice, grains. Some fruit (not too much - swap 1 chocolate bar for 30 apples and you'll put on more weight than from the chocolate bar!) Some good fat. Olive oil is a great source of good fat. Small handful of nuts or seeds. There are so many yummy, healthy meals you can rustle up!

Listen to your own body. If you feel crappy, tired and bloated after eating potatoes for example, then they probably aren't helping you lose weight. Weight loss is all about healthy foods and potion control. Don't cut out any of the food groups. It's not healthy.

Exercise - I think you said you hate exercise but you should do some! Vary the exercise you do. Exercise doesn't have to be boring or expensive.

Swimming, walking, cycling, go for a run along the beach at dawn, hula hooping, wack on some tunes and dance around your living room, space hopper racing, it's all there for the taking...

If you would like a little 'cheat' then have raw oats and natural (fruit) yoghurt for breakfast. Jazz it up with dried fruit, fruit, nuts if you want. The yoghurt will soften the oats. It is very 'cleansing'! And will help kick start your metabolism etc It's a great small snack to have if you are hungry during the day too.

I have no suggestions for really quick weight loss apart from all of the above and a serious amount of exercise or... have liposuction. Slow, steady weight loss is the healthiest for anyone in the long run.

I hope this is a little bit of help to you. Good luck.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

The weight you drop and put back on quickly when you fast and don't eat many carbohydrates is that glycogen and the water that it's bound to, not fat or muscle to start with.

Think of glycogen as stored glucose (carbohydrate) duffer. If you don't eat carbohydrate, your body first uses those stores to provide your body and brain with glucose (which is your bodies preferred fuel, don't listen to the low-carb diet people, your body will always burn glucose first as it is a more efficient fuel).

When those stores run out and aren't replenished with more carbohydrate, your body starts to burn fat (fat you eat and body fat) as ketones, another less efficient source of fuel. It makes the minimum amount of glucose that your brain needs to survive from the protein you eat (here's why the low-carb diets have a lot of protein, because eating sufficient carbohydrate means you use your protein purely for muscle repair etc.) It can also turn your muscle protein into glucose, but that's a last resort in terms of starvation.

I'd recommend as above, eating regular balanced meals and upping the activity without going mental. Walk to the shops, ride a bike to work, lift weights if you like it. Try to eat nutritious food most of the time but don't become a puritan, the odd ice-cream or birthday cake is no big deal.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Nellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the rough

... Try to eat nutritious food most of the time but don't become a puritan, the odd ice-cream or birthday cake is no big deal.
Well that's easy peasy then:

1 magnum - 3 coppe del nonno - 5 cornetto's - 7 maxibons...
Old Mar 30th 2013, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nellybell
Well that's easy peasy then:

1 magnum - 3 coppe del nonno - 5 cornetto's - 7 maxibons...
A life without ice-cream is not one worth living!
Old Mar 30th 2013, 12:29 pm
Pull my finger

Exactly, I enjoy ice cream and Easter eggs! A lot.
Today I am at 82.2kg but have got a huge dinner tonight and a huge Easter lunch planned for tomorrow. I will continue with this fasting diet for at least another month.
Anyway, all good advice which will be the long term plan. I am slowly overcoming my urges to binge and with spring in the air, I'll definitely be able to move about a lot in the outside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.