Reload this Page >

Family of 4 moving to Italy

Family of 4 moving to Italy

Old Apr 10th 2023, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

fp2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family of 4 moving to Italy

Hi all,

New to the forum. Me and my family (husband and 2 children) are thinking of moving to Italy.
​​​​ We have a few questions:
1.Where would be best for a family to live in Italy? (We have an active lifestyle and enjoy the sun)
2. My eldest is 7 years old do you think he would settle in ok in a public school?
3. Are there a lot of activities/clubs/sports for children?
4. Was it difficult finding English work? ( I'm a family support worker for schools and my husband is a leisure centre manager)
5. My husband has a chronic illness would he have to pay for prescriptions ? or is this covered in the health insurance?

Sorry for all the questions..... Any info greatly appreciated!

Ffi
Old Apr 10th 2023, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family of 4 moving to Italy

What visa are you going to get?
Do you speak fluent Italian?
Old Apr 10th 2023, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What visa are you going to get?
Do you speak fluent Italian?
It would be a work visa I would imagine ?

From the UK if that makes any difference?
Old Apr 10th 2023, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe looking at the following website will provide info as to what type of visa you are eligible for:

https://immigration-italy.com/#:~:te...20requirements.

I ask about Italian as if one does not speak Italian that narrows down your ability to get work.
Old Apr 11th 2023, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

For a 'work' visa you will need a job offer and contract. For a self employed visa you will need to provide paperwork. They are limited in number, and its entirely up to the person on the desk whether they give you one.
If you have a job contract then the state will cover health care for the worker and family. If not you will need insurance.
If your child likes football he will be ok. All other sports take a lowly second place, unless you land in a centre of excellence. For example where I live, fencing is the sport, and the town produces a fair amount of champions.

Old Apr 11th 2023, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Great thank you.

My kids are football mad! is there anywhere you recommend fir a family to live in italy?
Old Apr 11th 2023, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

Really you do need to research the visa situation (unless you have EU nationality or can get an EU passport via ancestors-usually no further back than grandparents).Take advice from Modicasa and read carefully what they say-you cannot get a job in the EU unless the employers can show that there is no alternative to employing an EU based person AND you need to have this job lined up before you can come to the EU.You just cannot rock up and start looking for a job.For a Visa you need to be able to show that you can support yourself so what is going to be your source of income
As regards a location that s impossible to say-how old are the kids ?Generally the further south you go the less chance there is of getting a better education frankly
But get the visa research done first IMO I think you will be struggling to get one.Blame Brexit
Old Apr 11th 2023, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

In the original post you wrote "Was it difficult finding English work?" - did you mean that you are hoping to teach English?
Old Apr 11th 2023, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fp2015
Great thank you.

My kids are football mad! is there anywhere you recommend fir a family to live in italy?
Loads of places which are nice to live in Italy; Tuscany area, Cinque Terre; Florence, Bologna, Arezzo.

.... but if you can't get a job then its moot where you move to.