euro

Old Nov 23rd 2010, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

BRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default euro

hi all, got a meseage from soninlaw today who is high up in banking world in london that euro is on verge of collapse.his parents have withdrawn their eur o savings from portugal,we only have an account in italy to pay our bills for our house in calabria so wont affect us.dont want to spread gossip,does anyone else know about this apart from the obvious irish news,as the euro has always ridden these storms,perhaps this is the last straw,cheers brian
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: euro

I hope it doesn't collapse I have only just got used to the euro and I am too old to start learning the Lira.

Seriously though if you google 'Euro will collapse' there are articles prior to 2006 claiming the euro is about to collapse or will within the next six months.

I think the Euro zone has too much to lose, as has every nation that sells into the euro zone to allow it to just collapse.

In my humble opinion
Old Nov 24th 2010, 7:26 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think it has ever been as bad as this though....Next to go will be Portugal, then probably Spain, then Italy.....God knows how they are going to stop it! Depends on how willing Germany is to keep bolstering it from what I can gather, while France, as usual, sits pretty waiting for help....
Old Nov 24th 2010, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunately I'm too old and too poor to let all this worry me any more.!
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Nov 24th 2010, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Don't think it has ever been as bad as this though....Next to go will be Portugal, then probably Spain, then Italy.....God knows how they are going to stop it! Depends on how willing Germany is to keep bolstering it from what I can gather, while France, as usual, sits pretty waiting for help....
I read an article some months back that suggested that rather than the euro just collapsing It is more likely that German will pull out of the Euro and go back to the German Mark. Thereby causing all the remaining countries to do the same.

What fun that will be.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
I hope it doesn't collapse I have only just got used to the euro and I am too old to start learning the Lira.
Its fun Pecora - a jar of jam cost something like 1,975 lira and your monthly salary could be a million lira You cant go shopping without a calculator .
Old Nov 24th 2010, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patty
Its fun Pecora - a jar of jam cost something like 1,975 lira and your monthly salary could be a million lira You cant go shopping without a calculator .
A MILLION LIRA Why didn't someone tell me.. Well in that case I hope it happens coz it is the only way I will ever be a millionaire.

Pecora LOADS OF MONEY Nera
Old Nov 24th 2010, 1:14 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

then you can tell all your friends about all the millions you pay in taxes!
Old Nov 24th 2010, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on how willing Germany is to keep bolstering it from what I can gather, while France, as usual, sits pretty waiting for help....
Nothing to add about the euro situation apart from watching and waiting like everyone else but this reminded me of the link you posted ages ago TR about googling French Military Victories - still laughing now at all their victories
Old Nov 24th 2010, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lindaf
Nothing to add about the euro situation apart from watching and waiting like everyone else but this reminded me of the link you posted ages ago TR about googling French Military Victories - still laughing now at all their victories
Yes I like it too. Did you know that the UK and France now have a joint defence policy? Good old Blighty is throwing money at building 2 new aircraft carriers and looking at the next generation of nuclear sub.

While the French are throwing money at building 3 more white flag factories.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Some shops and restaurants still show the lira amount on receipts and it always looks like an amazing amount compared to the euro amount!
Old Nov 24th 2010, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

What is the Euro?
Old Nov 24th 2010, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

As far as I understand, Germany isn't bolstering the euro, it's protecting its own, especially in the case of Ireland. If the Irish banks default German banks will be badly hit. They are apparently the leading lenders, second only to US Banks. The PIGS (portugal,ireland, greece and spain) were always top of the list of the countries in trouble ...
Old Nov 24th 2010, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

If the euro were to fall apart, with Italy going back to the lire, this would have enormous implications for many people on here. It all depends on what you view as your home currency. (The southern european currencies would suffer a large overnight devaluation against their northern european counterparts).
Worst affected would include anyone owing a house here with a euro mortgage. In sterling or dollar terms the value of your house would likely fall by around 30%-50% and the financing costs in terms of the lire would increase by a similar percentage.
The big gainers would be anyone buying a house after such a devaluation. Prices around 30%-50% cheaper and a similar saving in mortgage costs.
A middle ground would exist, for those currently renting, those with an income in sterling or dollars, those paid in euros etc.
Personally, I hope the euro survives and Italy remains a part of it. I think most Italians do as well but if the markets are going to turn on Portugal after Ireland then Spain is next and after that Italy.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dina1965
The PIGS (portugal,ireland, greece and spain) were always top of the list of the countries in trouble ...
The PIGS I love it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.