Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

ENGLISH BUILDER IN LAKE COMO

ENGLISH BUILDER IN LAKE COMO

Old Feb 24th 2009, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

baroloten is an unknown quantity at this point
Post ENGLISH BUILDER IN LAKE COMO

Hi everyone, me and my wife took the big step of moving from the UK last winter to Lake Como after hitting the BIG 40 and after refurnishing our apartment, looking after friends and family over the Xmas and New Year period and taking time to bed in nicely, we are now looking for opportunities within the Lake Como area, after spending 25 years building up a very large Construction & Property Development Company, which included Project Management and Surveying Services, of which we hope to carry forward our experience in this beautiful area for the English market, and after spotting a gap in the market for an English builder, that you feel home from home with, if you get my point!

After coming here for the past 7 years for holidays we feel we know the area very well and have built up a very good contacts base, which lead us to setting up a (snip) for the Lake Como Area.

Here's to the summer!!!

Darren

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Feb 25th 2009 at 11:29 am. Reason: Rule number 9 about advertising
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:59 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ENGLISH BUILDER IN LAKE COMO

Originally Posted by baroloten
Hi everyone, me and my wife took the big step of moving from the UK last winter to Lake Como after hitting the BIG 40 and after refurnishing our apartment, looking after friends and family over the Xmas and New Year period and taking time to bed in nicely, we are now looking for opportunities within the Lake Como area, after spending 25 years building up a very large Construction & Property Development Company, which included Project Management and Surveying Services, of which we hope to carry forward our experience in this beautiful area for the English market, and after spotting a gap in the market for an English builder, that you feel home from home with, if you get my point!

After coming here for the past 7 years for holidays we feel we know the area very well and have built up a very good contacts base, which lead us to setting up a (snip) for the Lake Como Area.

Here's to the summer!!!

Darren
Welcome to the forum and yes ...... roll on summer.

Not in your area I'm afraid so can't give you any work. I would like to move to a slightly bigger house but the affordable ones need too much work doing to them and my DIY skills don't run to building or roofing.

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Feb 25th 2009 at 1:27 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

MissSP is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Welcome to the forum and yes ...... roll on summer.

Not in your area I'm afraid so can't give you any work. I would like to move to a slightly bigger house but the affordable ones need too much work doing to them and my DIY skills don't run to building or roofing.
Hi Darren

Saw your message and thought I would drop you a line. I'm a fellow Brit who arrived in Como in January this year, and am about to organise a "Como Coffee Club". For want of a better phrase, the idea is for all fellow expats to get together maybe once every month to 6 weeks for a catch up.

I'll be posting shortly, so if yourself and your wife feel like coming along you would be very welcome.

Regards

Sarah
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi Sarah and welcome,

We are interested Sarah, where about do you live? we live in the centre of Como.

Can you join the private thread as well you have limited your thread to 3 or more replies

Looking forward to chatting with you

Darren
Old Mar 6th 2009, 1:14 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what you mean Darren.
Sarah has a total of nine posts.

If you yourself make one more post - on any of the threads here - then you will be able to contact her using the private message service if you so wish.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Thx Lorna i get it, thats what thr me

Darren
Old Mar 20th 2009, 11:34 am
Just Joined

jamo35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Darren, just read your thread. I have an apartment, based in Stresa, Lake Maggiore, and im after some plumbing work, would you travel to there for work?

cheers, Nick