ENEL

Old May 13th 2010, 8:19 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ENEL

Originally Posted by davehornet6
what a bunch of A-holes. i would firstly phone them up and give them as much abuse as you can get away with without getting arrested, then delay paying as long as possible, and then once you have to 'pay or else', pay them in 1Cent coins (13,800)
then you could charge them for delivery of the coins!!
Well, you can get away with a lot of abuse here, but it would probably get you cut of sooner. Not a good idea to pay bills, at least not in the north, because you'll be charged interest, get cut off and have to pay to get your electricity back and there is a legal limit to the number small of coins you can use.
Old May 13th 2010, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone cancelled their ENEL connection entirely and if so, how long did it take for the final bill to be sent?

We cancelled ENEL, Telecom Italia, Edison and ETRA (water and rubbish) but have been told it might be a couple of months to get the final bills which seems like a long time to me, even for Italy.

Biggest rub is our previous landlord has said no deposit back until he sees these final bills have been paid so how can I get these final bills quicker!?
Old May 13th 2010, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

We haven't cancelled but have transfered them before. The rubbish people took year to send us the final bill for the old place. The others were much quicker.
Old May 13th 2010, 10:35 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindaf
Has anyone cancelled their ENEL connection entirely and if so, how long did it take for the final bill to be sent?

We cancelled ENEL, Telecom Italia, Edison and ETRA (water and rubbish) but have been told it might be a couple of months to get the final bills which seems like a long time to me, even for Italy.

Biggest rub is our previous landlord has said no deposit back until he sees these final bills have been paid so how can I get these final bills quicker!?
My landlady just put the ENEL into our name - so the final bill, in her name, came to us. I'd say it was about 2 weeks after they were informed. Water is taking much longer... Btw, Enel deducts the deposit from the amount on your final bill.
Old May 13th 2010, 4:51 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Well, you can get away with a lot of abuse here, but it would probably get you cut of sooner. Not a good idea to pay bills, at least not in the north, because you'll be charged interest, get cut off and have to pay to get your electricity back and there is a legal limit to the number small of coins you can use.
I meant 'it's not a good idea NOT to pay bills' of course.
Old May 13th 2010, 4:54 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, I was about to move north!!

What happened Lorna? Have you spoken to them?
Old May 13th 2010, 4:57 pm
Concierge

I've cancelled our energy connections and it did take a couple of months to get the final bill. They even sent us an estimated bill a few weeks later and when I phoned to point out that we no longer lived at that address, threaten to cut us off if we didn't pay.
Old May 14th 2010, 6:28 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Damn, I was about to move north!!

What happened Lorna? Have you spoken to them?
Tried to get through four times yesterday and after the line going dead or getting cut off repeatedly I gave up.

Will try again today.
Old May 15th 2010, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

of course. limit on small coins is about right, italy ain't that far behind u.k on that. i took the contents of a giant whiskey bottle (only 1/3 full!!) of coins into my bank, i had counted it all and bagged it correctly and they refused to take it! so did the post office? i thought all money was legal tender and could not be refused.
got rid of it in a coin-star thingy in asda but they took 7% or something.
Old May 18th 2010, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news for us. It seems there was a misunderstanding about which deposit we were all talking about (us and the landlord) - we wanted the hefty deposit back, he was talking about having to wait for the ENEL deposit. So we've got our rental deposit back and the cheque is safely in the bank
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:14 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

has anyone else paid there bill in the post office in good time and two months later got a letter saying you have not paid? I paid my bill straight away and today got the non pay letter unfortunately I lost the receipt we was passing around saying how much it went down after getting my solar water heater and it got mislaid, I have had to pay again as it was only 100 euro it was not that terrible, I cant see how this can go wrong when you pay in a post office there is a bar code on it, this happened before with my internet but I had the receipt last time and it was sorted out, how on earth does this happen?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bricwood
has anyone else paid there bill in the post office in good time and two months later got a letter saying you have not paid? I paid my bill straight away and today got the non pay letter unfortunately I lost the receipt we was passing around saying how much it went down after getting my solar water heater and it got mislaid, I have had to pay again as it was only 100 euro it was not that terrible, I cant see how this can go wrong when you pay in a post office there is a bar code on it, this happened before with my internet but I had the receipt last time and it was sorted out, how on earth does this happen?
Really feel for youDo not understand how things like that can happen....100 euros IS alot of money, can you not get GF to call them and sort it out ?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Forgot to say, why not set up a D Debit with the bank....I do pay electric bill this way others I pay at PO, this way you will have proof bill paid and need not worry about keeping receipts
Old Aug 31st 2010, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

enterprise1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

I finally got Enel to let me pay online my elecricity bill online with my UK credit card....... I get cash back on my card and save the Euro I would have spent at the post office....................... Looks like they are finally getting into the 21st century..........
Telecom Italia are the next company to go to work on.
After all, we are all in Europe. Are'nt we?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bricwood
this happened to me too but for a parking fine. Luckily I kept the receipt and they (between the vigili and post office) sorted it out. The post office's excuse was that that day they'd lost a load of info and some sort of computer breakdown (never...in Italy I hear you all cry ) - this is when you learn over here to keep receipts and even photocopy them in case you lose them !! Sad but true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.