Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Earthquake house insurance

Earthquake house insurance

Old Jul 11th 2012, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Earthquake house insurance

Following on the earthquake thread, I remember a thread about house insurance which included this type of insurance.
I know it as not an Italian one( they only insure walls against earthquake, really pathetic).
So, if anyone remembers the name, please let me know.
Thanks.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice
Default Re: Earthquake house insurance

we have our building and content insurance with Intasure and an additional cover for earthquake
Old Jul 12th 2012, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

INtasure have changed their policies regarding earthquakes.

I was with the post office who gave very good earthquake insurance. Now, the depends where you live. I went to renew it the other day and they have changed the T&Cs for Sicily,

I have therefore just got full cover from Generali - find them on line - buildings and contents.....

PS - Earthqauke cover is going to become obligatory for all home owners - as the state will no longer cover your rebuild costs. However, until the law is passed, no company wants to start offering insurance .... they know its going to happen, but are making absolutely no plans.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa

I was with the post office who gave very good earthquake insurance. Now, the depends where you live. I went to renew it the other day and they have changed the T&Cs for Sicily,

I have therefore just got full cover from Generali - find them on line - buildings and contents.....

PS - Earthqauke cover is going to become obligatory for all home owners - as the state will no longer cover your rebuild costs. However, until the law is passed, no company wants to start offering insurance .... they know its going to happen, but are making absolutely no plans.
Thanks Modicasa,
I will check out Generali. We already have buildings and contents insurance, but I wanted an additional one that would cover earthquakes as well.
Our present insurer has started with issuing these policies recently, but for this we need to go on the next level of insurance which is expensive and the cover is dismal-wall damage only. Apparently, there is no money-surprise surprise....
Old Jul 12th 2012, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Originally Posted by modicasa

I have just checked with Intasure and we are definately covered for earthquake however the lady I spoke to said that areas that are known to be high risk will not be covered, our is not considered a high risk area
Old Jul 13th 2012, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

Yep, I have earthquake cover through Intasure too
Old Oct 1st 2012, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just an update.

Since recently, Poste Italiane do not offer earthquake cover with the house insurance policy.
I am in the process of getting a new one and wait for Generali to quote me.
The before mentioned UK insurer was expensive and did not offer me landslip and subsidence, plus they are so picky with their endorsements, for example, all patio doors must have locks. I do not see the point really to ask for this since all patio doors have either grati/persiani for protection anyway-we are in Italy, living behind bars not the UK.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

For anyone interested, I got house and earthquake insurance' Master Casa ' from Toro Assigurazioni and it was half price than Generali, strange, as they are part of the same group.