Earthquake

Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Re: Earthquake

Originally Posted by 37100
How big was Ferrara then?

sorry, 1570 to be precise...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1570_Ferrara_earthquake

Originally Posted by 37100
I heard the fracking story, but reports said that it and the planned gas storage site hadn't been started. Fracking is been blamed for the recent mini earthquakes in the Blackpool area.
Yes, but there have been "investigations" .. those people at Report are on to it of course..
http://www.corriere.it/inchieste/rep...3ca3680b.shtml
Old Jun 4th 2012, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

It just seems to go on and on, doesn't it. I can well imagine people feeling unsettled, unsafe, and needing something or someone to lash out at and blame.
On the whole the quakes seem to be getting less frequent and less powerful. Hope you are all reasonably well and sane up there, anyway.
saluti,
'o nonno
Old Jun 4th 2012, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ononno
It just seems to go on and on, doesn't it. I can well imagine people feeling unsettled, unsafe, and needing something or someone to lash out at and blame.
On the whole the quakes seem to be getting less frequent and less powerful. Hope you are all reasonably well and sane up there, anyway.
saluti,
'o nonno
less frequent and less powerful my a*se . .sorry, but it really is unnerving.

Especially for two main reasons:
1. nobody has the faintest idea of if and when we might get another strong one
2. nobody tells you what the heck you're supposed to do even in the event of a 'minor' one like last night (5.1) It's every man for himself.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Must be so awful for you all Mark - just cant imagine what you are going through. Stay well and stay safe.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patty
Must be so awful for you all Mark - just cant imagine what you are going through. Stay well and stay safe.
Thanks Patty . .last night was quiet, although worst hit areas were not without their tremors, and fairly close to the surface too apparently.

You may have heard of the proposal to get prison inmates in (or out, rather) to help with the reconstruction work.
Thoughts?
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD

2. nobody tells you what the heck you're supposed to do even in the event of a 'minor' one like last night (5.1) It's every man for himself.
Not being flippant. Just trying to be positive and optimistic.
Do know what it's like. The original Ivory Tower came crashing down one November evening in 1980.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Do know what it's like. The original Ivory Tower came crashing down one November evening in 1980.
My husband remembers that one. He was about 6. He said it was like having a poltergeist throwing glasses around the kitchen.

The trouble is, it's difficult to be positive when you're here and it's ongoing and you don't know where it's going to hit next. I braved the first two quite well but the one the other night broke my spirit a bit
Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Not being flippant. Just trying to be positive and optimistic.
Appreciate that!

Yes it's upsetting .. sort of "just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water..." kind of feeling.

Heard the Mayor of S. Felice sul Panaro on the radio this morning ... a broken man... not too keen on having the convicts over to do the reconstruction work either!

Anyway we're buying the tent now so it probably won't happen again .. like buying an umbrella when it's stopped raining .. we hope..

Last edited by MarkRD; Jun 5th 2012 at 9:09 am. Reason: forgot o nonno
Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

God I have just watched footage of the damage in Bolonga, awful. Due to 'other new' there is very little coverage here in the UK.

Truly thinking of everyone.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by malcesine99
God I have just watched footage of the damage in Bolonga, awful. Due to 'other new' there is very little coverage here in the UK.

Truly thinking of everyone.
Well if they really did show you Bologna then there's next to no damage, or did they just say 'near Bologna' cos no-one will have heard of places like Cavezzo or Sant'Agostino .??.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Well if they really did show you Bologna then there's next to no damage, or did they just say 'near Bologna' cos no-one will have heard of places like Cavezzo or Sant'Agostino .??.
From what my parents are saying, they use the phrase "North of Bologna" a lot because as you say, nobody has heard of those places, or even of Modena.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by K in Modena
From what my parents are saying, they use the phrase "North of Bologna" a lot because as you say, nobody has heard of those places, or even of Modena.
Yeah right .. even "Northern Italy" which is even worse! Mind you I always tell peopel here I was born 'near Birmingham' .. I've probably only been there about three times in me life. Nobody here really knows where Birmingham is anyway..
Old Jun 5th 2012, 10:01 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K in Modena

The trouble is, it's difficult to be positive when you're here and it's ongoing and you don't know where it's going to hit next. I braved the first two quite well but the one the other night broke my spirit a bit
That's the worst of it, you never know when they're going to happen or how big they'll be. It wears you down and that worry along with lack of sleep is hard to deal with. I really hope it settles down quickly for you all and the longer you go without the easier it does become. Having been through 1000s of the bloody things here in Christchurch I know what it's like to have that constant worry and fear plus the lack of a good nights sleep due to the aftershocks. We had another 5.2 last week
Anyway, stay strong, the earth will stop moving and you will get through it. Wishing you all the best over there.
P
Old Jun 5th 2012, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Persephone
Anyway, stay strong, the earth will stop moving and you will get through it. Wishing you all the best over there
P
Thankyou
Old Jun 5th 2012, 10:09 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou
I think it's hard for those who haven't lived through it to know just how it feels. I never realised how unsettling and upsetting aftershocks were-certainly didn't realise how constant they were. You usually only hear about the major ones and then the press gets bored and moves onto something else.
Anyway, best wishes again. Kia kaha and all that. It gets easier, it just takes time x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.