Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

DIY coffee making in Venice

DIY coffee making in Venice

Old Jul 20th 2019, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation DIY coffee making in Venice

An expensive experience for 2 German tourists in Venice.
https://www.corriere.it/cronache/19_...fa123548.shtml
Old Jul 20th 2019, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIY coffee making in Venice

Fair enough to penalise them, I reckon. But the fines imposed are really whopping and seem disproportionate
Old Jul 20th 2019, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

The fine for wearing a bikini is Euro250 and for a dog poop Euro450. All the people fined seem to be foreigners.
Old Jul 20th 2019, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute

If all Italian towns and cities actually enforced laws prohibiting dog fouling the country would have a massive budget surplus
Old Jul 21st 2019, 7:57 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Venice didn't have enough bars where this couple could grab a coffee? I seriously don't understand some people.

Old Jul 21st 2019, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Originally Posted by philat98
The fine for wearing a bikini is Euro250 and for a dog poop Euro450. All the people fined seem to be foreigners.
Same approach in Rome. Always foreigners.

https://roma.fanpage.it/si-tuffano-n...in-tutta-roma/
Old Jul 21st 2019, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sancho
Same approach in Rome. Always foreigners.

https://roma.fanpage.it/si-tuffano-n...in-tutta-roma/
That's no surprise.
Old Jul 21st 2019, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Accetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond repute

Where were they going to wash the cups etc? Were they going to remove all rubbish? I doubt it. Rome is going downhill, we took our niece there last month and you cannot move for hawkers trying to sell you cheap tat or expensive water.
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Accetturese
Where were they going to wash the cups etc? Were they going to remove all rubbish? I doubt it. Rome is going downhill, we took our niece there last month and you cannot move for hawkers trying to sell you cheap tat or expensive water.
I suppose Rome's been like that - hawkers all over flogging tat and rip-off water, etc - for most of its history. Imperial Rome, Rome in the dark ages, mediaeval Rome, Rome in the Renaissance, Rome in the twenties and sixties. Same with Constantinople and Jerusalem and classical Athens. And the same with Venice, where, in 1968, I slept under a bridge and no-one batted an eyelid, and Florence, where I slept under a newspaper on a bench. I understood very little of the language - like, I imagine, many of the tourists punished here - but it never occurred to me that I might be breaking the law . Nor so far as I could see did it to anyone else.

Maybe Rome was tidier and more orderly in the ventennio. When else ?

Anyway, I thought part of the raison d'ĂȘtre of a fountain was free popular refreshment in the heat. Here's London, where they're obviously not all that bothered:

https://londonist.com/london/feature...uare-fountains
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

It reads like you were a Bohemian in your youth Sancho.

Since Venice is already charging an entrance fee you would think that they could check people's bags for cooking stoves, picnics and ban dogs and hawkers completely.

I suspect those German tourists may have been a bit rude when the police spoke to them.