Reload this Page >

Como & Children

Como & Children

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

ArabellaEgan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Como & Children

Hi,

I've never posted online before so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right...I moved to Como last August and had my first baby here in Feburary. I would like to know if there are any mother and baby groups or any activites for small babies in the area. I have signed up for babysplash already but i would really like the opportunity to meet with any other english speaking mums with children of a similar age...so far my son only has 1 friend

Thanks for your help

Arabella
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Como & Children

Welcome to the forum Arabella
Just to say dont give up - there must be some other young mums around Como - maybe even the area around Milan. I know there are loads of expats around there. Keep asking other people if they know anyone English and maybe next time you see your pediatra ???
Good luck

(in the meantime I'll send you this link to and English online mag thats for Milan and suburbs)

http://www.easymilano.it/eng/index.php
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Hi Patty,

Thanks for your message, I am looking at Easy Milano now!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:23 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome to this forum and yes, you posted correctly.
Hope you meet some nice mums/friends/kids soon.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:34 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! There are others from Como here so I'm sure they'll get in touch. There are also some mothers with young babies. Give them time as they might be away and let us know how you get along with your life here.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:35 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Hey ....... I just remembered this old post.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603628

Maybe you could get in touch with MissSP.

You can do this by clicking on her username on the left side of the page and there you will find an option to email her.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

misssparkly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya!

Just thought I would say hello as I am moving to Como at the end of August. Unforunately, I have no children in tow, but I am moving to be an International Teacher so may find out about some of the opportunties for childen in the area.

How are your finding life in Como?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everyone for your help so far, I got in touch with missSP today...no news yet on any baby friendly activites but as it's the summer i'll wait til september when hopefully more people will be on their computers!

I just wanted to say to Miss sparkly that life in como is generally great but be prepared for a different pace in life...it's very quiet here, especially in the wintertime. People are friendly though, especially when they realise that you're a local and not a tourist and repeated custom in the local cafes is rewarded with smiles and preferential treatment August is not a great time to arrive as most things are closed but don't be put off everyone will be back by september. Definately pack a brolly as it rains a lot but it is truly truly beautiful here. Post again once you're settled and we'll meet for coffee if you like....
Old Jul 24th 2009, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

I love como but live too far away to be of help. just wanted to say that we really found the people there in shops etc much more helpful if you have a go at speaking the language. Most speak English there but they really do appreciate the effort with italian especially seeing as my kids speak really well. You're very lucky to live somewhere so beautiful though..... need to go and look at the mountains and remind myself that it is beautiful here too!!
Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

misssparkly is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure I will be too tired ad too busy with the first two weeks of school to be able to do anything social (never mind finding an apartment!).

Thank you for your advice, I can't wait to move out. To be honest, I'm looking forward to a change in pace, I just feel things are so busy all the time in Scotland.

Hope you find some family activities in the mean time,

Heather