Cold feet?!?

Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

JohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cold feet?!?

Originally Posted by davehornet6

i have been looking at property on this site:
http://property-italy.immobiliare.it/
it has loads of rental and for sale property all over italy
not sure how reliable it is but good for an idea on prices if nothing else
What's your monthly rental budget?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:47 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Gio I guessed you were going back from the other thread u started! What a shame! Also noticed you had posted less lately. Hopefully you won't be a stranger here or there! Enjoyed your posts and will miss them otherwise!
And Indiebird....
Thank you so much for that...have found since leaving Italy all so said " Italian mates" have just decided we no longer exist...I find that very odd..Well, maybe we were just Non U.
Just a bit of an update. We love being back, the weather here is lovely. I can understand all that goes on verbally and the general day to day living. I am now able to have all those things I missed...and guess what once they are there, you just don't want them!
I will keep on writing on the site cos I think it's the best Italian site I found.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

The "out of site out of mind" thing is very common here. Generally speaking I find the Italian concept of friendship much more superficial than the English one. That's not a judgement, just an observation. Just as Italian loyalty to the family is much stronger than English.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:20 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gio
And Indiebird....
Thank you so much for that...have found since leaving Italy all so said " Italian mates" have just decided we no longer exist...I find that very odd..Well, maybe we were just Non U.
Just a bit of an update. We love being back, the weather here is lovely. I can understand all that goes on verbally and the general day to day living. I am now able to have all those things I missed...and guess what once they are there, you just don't want them!
I will keep on writing on the site cos I think it's the best Italian site I found.
Where in the UK are you now? Isn't it supposed to be full of foreigners now anyway?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 6:12 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by duffer
Where in the UK are you now? Isn't it supposed to be full of foreigners now anyway?
We are in London. I love the diversity of it all. One minute you are in a real grotty area and then round the corner are amazing Georgian mansions, amazing parks and some good pubs with real beer.... As we walk down the streets we here many languages, so yes, we still don't understand what's being said But we love it!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 6:14 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anderson Council
The "out of site out of mind" thing is very common here. Generally speaking I find the Italian concept of friendship much more superficial than the English one. That's not a judgement, just an observation. Just as Italian loyalty to the family is much stronger than English.
I absolutely agree & why should they remember us. Just some Brits who came and saw and then buggered off.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 7:15 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gio
We are in London. I love the diversity of it all. One minute you are in a real grotty area and then round the corner are amazing Georgian mansions, amazing parks and some good pubs with real beer.... As we walk down the streets we here many languages, so yes, we still don't understand what's being said But we love it!
It seems like you're much happier where you are. We're off to London in little over 6 weeks for summer holidays. Will be checking out some old haunts - Queens Park, Kilburn, Kensal Green, Hyde Park, Bayswater, Wimbledon Village, Wandsworth and rooting Tooting!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 9:37 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by duffer
It seems like you're much happier where you are. We're off to London in little over 6 weeks for summer holidays. Will be checking out some old haunts - Queens Park, Kilburn, Kensal Green, Hyde Park, Bayswater, Wimbledon Village, Wandsworth and rooting Tooting!
Oh yes, still more places to re visit.. Enjoying the pubs at mo, and the outside cafes and lido's in the parks. One complaint....the bloody coffee served at Costas is just way too much ( like a bucketful) and it's c@@p! Missing the coffee. But if that's all I'm missing I can just visit my Italian family here.
Enjoy your Summer hols duffer.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:22 am
Pull my finger

Or pay £2.50 for an espresso at Bar Italia in Soho!
Old Jun 19th 2010, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JohnD63
What's your monthly rental budget?
hi mate, i havent got a budget yet! still in limbo regarding injury settlement. not looking good for this year though..
just sharing a link with op looking for an idea on rental prices.