Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Codice fiscale and SOFA agreement - urgent help please!!!

Wikiposts

Codice fiscale and SOFA agreement - urgent help please!!!

Old Oct 25th 2011, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Loopy12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Codice fiscale and SOFA agreement - urgent help please!!!

I am English, my husband is American and our 4 year old daughter has dual nationality.

We moved here in February. My husband works for the US military. He has a mission visa, a permesso di soggiorno and a codice fiscale issued through the US military base soggiorno office.

I was going to register myself and my daughter as resident here, on the grounds of being EU cititzens but the base legal office advised me not to - they said that we would then need to pay Italian taxes. Instead we were allowed to be here "as dependents of someone working for the US military under the terms of the SOFA agreement"

We sent our 4 year old to the local scuola materna in September. Yesterday I received a phone call from the headteacher that I think was asking for a codice fiscale. I said I have my husband's codice fiscale, but my daughter doesn't have one.

When I went in today I wrote it all out about the SOFA agreement and explained why she doesn't have a CF. Now they're in a right old flap. I said many of the american children on base also go to asilo and they won;t have CFs either. I am going to ring the base legal office, but am not sure its really their department, so thought I'd ask here first.

Since she was listed on the soggiorno application I'm guessing it may be possible to issue her a CF but surely it will take weeks (after all, this is italy - it took 3 months for the soggiorno to come through). When I said that to the headteacher she looked a little faint.

Anyone know where we stand on this?
I have a nasty suspicion if I can't produce the goods or at least an indication that they are in the pipeline by this afternoon they may refuse her entry to school tomorrow. Possibly they think we're here illegally (they have never actually seen any documents or met her father at any parent's meetings, which doesn't help!)
Old Oct 25th 2011, 7:57 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Codice fiscale and SOFA agreement - urgent help please!!!

Everyone has to have a codice fiscale. Tax payers or not. Just go along to your nearest Agenzie delle Entrate with your passports. There is one in Corso Palladio for zones 1-3-5 and another one in Via Quintino Sella for zones 2-4-6-7. Mon to Fri 8.30 - 12.30. Tues and Thurs they are also open 14.30 to 16.30. Surely the base could do/have done this for you? BTW. It's not quite true that as a resident you would have had to pay taxes, but it would have complicated things.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

We live under a padova postcode, can we still go to vicenza?
Will they give us a number instantly, or is it an application that will take a while?

I don't understand why, if everyone needs one, why they didn't issue one each for all three of us when we arrived.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:04 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Should have added that it's not a tax code as in UK tax code. It's more like a National Insurance Number, but with a far wider use. You need it for a lot of things, including school.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:06 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Loopy12
We live under a padova postcode, can we still go to vicenza?
Will they give us a number instantly, or is it an application that will take a while?

I don't understand why, if everyone needs one, why they didn't issue one each for all three of us when we arrived.
Sorry, being at the base, I assumed it would be Vicenza. Give me a mo to look it up.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:11 pm
Concierge

sportello Padova 1 - dipartimento delle entrate - direzione regionale - Ministero delle finanze
via Turazza, 37 (zona Stanga) Padova (cod. ufficio 838)
telefono 049 7911501 e 049 7911511

sportello Padova 2 - dipartimento delle entrate - direzione regionale - Ministero delle finanze
via Vergerio, 29 - 35126 Padova (cod. ufficio 839)
telefono 049 8033511, fax 049 756929

Same hours. You'll be given one straight away.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thankyou!
Old Oct 25th 2011, 9:24 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Wow solved in 1 hour

Urgent help required on Global Economy - can you help?
Old Oct 25th 2011, 10:25 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

37100, I need help in finding Ben & Jerry's ice cream in Vicenza. Can you tell me the shops that sell it please? Thanks!
Old Oct 25th 2011, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

still after that Ben & Jerry's, Duffer?
I remember your request from a previous cry for help of mine!
If I knew you a little better I'd slip you a few pints of B&Js from the commissary...
Perhaps a clandestine drop off...icecream in a brown paper bag left in a mutually agreeable phone box
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:30 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
37100, I need help in finding Ben & Jerry's ice cream in Vicenza. Can you tell me the shops that sell it please? Thanks!
You need to make friends with some soldiers
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:34 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by duffer
Just what makes you think I'd know that! Didn't even know what the stuff was until I was in Milan and I asked my son why there was a huge plastic cow being driven round on the back of a truck. Move to Milan or Rome....or where ever they sell it.. And stop going off thread!

P.s Just had a look.http://www.benjerry.it/onlinescoopshop/?mapresults Damn. Now I'll have to try the stuff.

Last edited by 37100; Oct 25th 2011 at 11:41 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 1:06 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loopy12
still after that Ben & Jerry's, Duffer?
I remember your request from a previous cry for help of mine!
If I knew you a little better I'd slip you a few pints of B&Js from the commissary...
Perhaps a clandestine drop off...icecream in a brown paper bag left in a mutually agreeable phone box
Yep we can definitely come to some sort of agreement
Old Oct 26th 2011, 1:06 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
You need to make friends with some soldiers
Or their wives...
Old Oct 26th 2011, 1:11 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by 37100
Just what makes you think I'd know that! Didn't even know what the stuff was until I was in Milan and I asked my son why there was a huge plastic cow being driven round on the back of a truck. Move to Milan or Rome....or where ever they sell it.. And stop going off thread!

P.s Just had a look.http://www.benjerry.it/onlinescoopshop/?mapresults Damn. Now I'll have to try the stuff.
There's a place not so far from here! Fantastic! I don't know if it's a bar or shop or what but I'll pop in this week!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.