Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Codice Fiscale and other stuff

Codice Fiscale and other stuff

Old May 25th 2012, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Ismum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Codice Fiscale and other stuff

We're moving to Italy in August and I just needed some guidance on a couple of matters. Firstly, I was told to get our documents translated and notarised by the Italian embassy here in Belgium before we moved. Now I have another source saying you can get them translated in Italy once we arrive. I could do either but would this have any effect on how quickly we can get our Codice Fiscale? Does it speed up the process or not? What did you guys do?

Many thanks!
Old May 25th 2012, 8:55 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Codice Fiscale and other stuff

Originally Posted by Ismum
We're moving to Italy in August and I just needed some guidance on a couple of matters. Firstly, I was told to get our documents translated and notarised by the Italian embassy here in Belgium before we moved. Now I have another source saying you can get them translated in Italy once we arrive. I could do either but would this have any effect on how quickly we can get our Codice Fiscale? Does it speed up the process or not? What did you guys do?

Many thanks!
You won't need all that for a Codice Fiscale. Just your passports.

You will need proof of income/bank statements and private health insurance to get residency at your local town hall .... unless you are going to be working for an Italian company here with an Italian wage packet.

Depending on the comune, they might ask for more. Somebody recently had to get her birth certifcate and/or marriage certificate translated and notarised as her comune insisted on it and it was pain in the neck for her to do from here and expensive.
Old May 25th 2012, 8:59 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks!
Get everything you possible can done in Belgium first especially if you don't speak Italian. You should be able to get your CdF at the Embassy.
Old May 25th 2012, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Thanks Lorna. OH is going to be working for an Italian branch of a UK registered company but paid by the Italian part of the company so not quite sure how that works regarding the residency. I would assume we still need to apply for it.
Thanks again
Old May 25th 2012, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks 37100. Will check to see of we can get it here.
Old May 25th 2012, 9:15 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lorna. OH is going to be working for an Italian branch of a UK registered company but paid by the Italian part of the company so not quite sure how that works regarding the residency. I would assume we still need to apply for it.
Thanks again
Yes, you will still need to go and apply for residency at the town hall but it should all be easier with an Italian work contract or an Italian pay slip. If it is a proper Italian pay slip withhis Italian "NHS" contrubutions etc, taken from it then signing up for health care shouldn't be a massive problem.
Take a rental contract too if you'll be renting.
Old May 25th 2012, 9:18 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Ismum,
you will be able to get the CF as it is a Consular Service, either from the Consular Department at the Embassy or another Consular Office in the Country not sure exactly how it works in Belgium - I suggest you go and google for Italian Consular Services on the web and you should find it.

I strongly advise doing it sooner rather than later as it takes time and even simple things like getting a pay as you go SIM for your mobile phone will require the CF. Therefore, to hit the ground running (as much as you can here) the CF is pretty key.

Good luck
Old May 25th 2012, 9:20 am

I forgot to say,

if you know where you are going to be living, I can look up your town hall's website for you and see what paperwork it talks about for residency. You are both EU citizens right?
Old May 25th 2012, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

It obviously depends on your commune, but few will ask for a translation 'giurata' of documents for residency - so a simple translation will be fine. If it needs to be giurata it will take half a day to be done at the local tribunale.
For your CF you need only your passport and the completed green form - at your nearest Agenzia dell'Entrate - it takes 10 minutes, if you don't count the time queuing. That official CF is what you need for all bureaucratic things like opening a bank account etc. To get a SIM they will just generate one for you in the shop, but it isn't 'officially' valid for other stuff as it could be duplicate - if there is another person with your name and birthday already with a CF in Italy.
Old May 25th 2012, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Thanks all for the advise. Definitely helps get my priorities in order. Lorna, I will be living in Milan in zip code 20129 if that is of help. Not sure of the commune area I'm afraid. And yes we are both EU citizens.
Once again, many thanks.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 2:11 am
Just Joined

aimankay is an unknown quantity at this point

I am thinking of living near San Donato. Where is the closest office to get the Codice Fiscale?
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by aimankay
I am thinking of living near San Donato. Where is the closest office to get the Codice Fiscale?
Check this out:

http://san-donato-milanese.virgilio....E_ENTRATE.html
Old Oct 21st 2012, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Thanks again
Are you married? Because if you aren't and you aren't working it is really difficult (ie nigh on impossible) to register with the comune.

If I was moving here now I would need to get married to get healthcare. I'm lucky that when I moved here the law was different, but if we were making the move now we would have to get hitched because OH's insurance only recognises wifes, not partners.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

aimankay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Thanks Lorna.

I have started to feel that for every small area within city there is a separate office. Are there ones which are easier to deal with?

My employer has asked for my marriage certificate and daughters birth certificate copy translated and notarised and legalised. I believe they intend to apply for our codice fiscale once we have chosen our apartment to be paid by them. Just wondering when we are not sure where we will be staying then wait till our arrival for codice fiscale or do it now?

Last edited by aimankay; Oct 22nd 2012 at 1:13 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:40 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aimankay
Just wondering when we are not sure where we will be staying then wait till our arrival for codice fiscale or do it now?
To turn your question around: why would you wait to apply for your CF? What advantage is there in waiting?

Getting a bit of la burocrazia out of the way must surely be prefereable. You don't need a home address or a sponsor to apply for the CF.

If you do decide to apply for it, the following maybe helpful: Luogo di Nascita is Regno Unito (assuming you are Brit) and Provincia is EE (for Estero) as the EE was tricky to find when I did it.

For what it is worth, if I were you I would apply now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.