Reload this Page >

Child custody query

Child custody query

Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Wiffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child custody query

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I should probably state at this point However ----- and this drove me a bit mad ........... he went to the questura one day to get his passport renewed and decided to get both kids put on his passport (just in case we ever go out of the EU)
Does this mean that you can take the children out of Italy, remaining in the EU without his permission? I have a Belgian friend who has a child with an Italian and she can't even go to Belgium with her daughter without the father's permission.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 1:23 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

yes I presume so .... only because he signed something in the comune when we got the kids identity card things that say they can travel with him and / or me.

I have taken them to England several times without him but nowhere else.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

irish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really nice

I have 2 passports one Irish and the other British and as my son was born in the UK he also has the two. While travelling home through LHW I was stopped at passport control asked what relation my son was to me when I said he was my son he said prove it to me. Now how could I Do that at that moment in time. I replied well try taking him off me to see what reaction you get. Wanted to know why the surname was different etc etc.

I told him that I thought ( no offence intended) that he and his staff should be better trained and informed on these matters and had to explain in ITALY you don't take your husbands name. Having said that it was nice to see that someone was taking an interest in their job.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by selinuntina
The picture on my sons passport was taken when he was 3 months old, he's nearly 5 now and has changed a lot, looks nothing like him now !

My three youngest are still all under 5 and their passport photos were all done when they were less than a month. Whenever they are checked everyone just laughs and tries to guess who is who
Old Nov 17th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

I know of someone (american) who is going through a nasty divorce and she is not allowed to take the children back to the US - in fact she has been told she cannot move further than 40km away! Italian father, children born here and lots and lots of dirty tricks (on his part ) I feel for her cos she'd just like to go home but she can't. Its an awful situation and totally unfair.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 5:05 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I know of somebody else this happened to. It got to the point now where her son is 12 years old, she is still here, remarried and had another baby!!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Wiffy is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the problem for the friend I mentioned earlier - not out of Italy period, even if she had no intention of taking the child out of the EU.