Reload this Page >

Changing the name of a moped

Changing the name of a moped

Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Sirena is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Changing the name of a moped

Hi all!!

In italy, if I have a moped under my name, but no longer wish to have it under my name, but instead the name of one of my parents (in italy) what do i have to do?

Does it cost? Or can I simply find a way of having the name changed? Does a passaggio di...something cost a lot?

Very confused on the matter, hope you can help!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:22 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing the name of a moped

Hello,

I think you need to tell us how many numbers/letters the number plate has first. I think they can be 5 or 6.

Laws changed recently and a certain type of number plate stays with the seller and the buyer has to get his own.

Whichever type of moped/motorino/scooter/vespa you might have, and whatever type of number plate .... the pasaggio di proprietà will not be free.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Hello,

I think you need to tell us how many numbers/letters the number plate has first. I think they can be 5 or 6.

Laws changed recently and a certain type of number plate stays with the seller and the buyer has to get his own.

Whichever type of moped/motorino/scooter/vespa you might have, and whatever type of number plate .... the pasaggio di proprietà will not be free.
It is a Zip SP, bought in october 2011 so has the new type reg plate. Any idea of cost?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:25 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sirena
It is a Zip SP, bought in october 2011 so has the new type reg plate. Any idea of cost?
Probably around 100 euro - maybe slightly less. Depends as well if you do it all yourself or get an agency to do it.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

I thought they'd got rid of the passaggio di proprietà fees, but I could be wrong.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MarkRD
I thought they'd got rid of the passaggio di proprietà fees, but I could be wrong.
really?? Has anyone else got more info on this?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Sirena
really?? Has anyone else got more info on this?
Well according to this site, it's more about the swapping and changing of number plates these days than an old kind of "passaggio".

It all sounds like a bit of a farce. You can sell your moped, but take the plate off first because it belongs to you ........ and you can register that plate to a new moped. If you're not going to register it to a new moped, then you have to have it officially destroyed.

Read down from :
IL TRASFERIMENTO DI PROPRIETA'

http://sosonline.aduc.it/scheda/cicl...ioni_10537.php