Reload this Page >

Changing dati anagrafici

Changing dati anagrafici

Old Nov 11th 2022, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Solarcower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing dati anagrafici

Hi,
So I thought applying for citizenship was complex, but it seems nothing (apart from trying to get the original WA doc ) is harder than trying to get someone to change anagrafical data.
My marital status is recorded with the comune as 'ignoto'. I have no idea why - I don't recall ever being asked about it so I didn't think it would be possible for it to have such big repercussions. This only came to light when I did my mortgage application - luckily, the bank wanted a 'certificato di stato civile' but didn't actually care that it didn't really say anything useful. Whatever...

Now, I am trying to do the convivenza di fatto with my partner, and I have been told I need to change the data first. After being told various confusing things, and then waiting a month for the relevant appointment, they have told me I need a 'dichiarazione consolare' con specificati tutti i dati. Again, I don't understand why this form is necessary, because surely the status will be down as ignoto everywhere. But they won't change the status to nubile without it. It also needs legalising at the prefettura.

Has anyone had any kind of similar problems? How helpful are the consulate in Milan likely to be? I read something that said they don't give out civil status certificates because the UK doesn't have a database of marital status to check, but I would have thought they could easily find out if someone has been married, civilly partnered or divorced and if not, confirm them as single. I am worried that it will cause problems not only for the convivenza, but also for marriage further down the line. Another option is the 'nulla osta' equivalent of the certificate of no impediment for marriage, but they didn't ask for that. They ask for a marriage date already decided for the nulla osta.

Any ideas or advice? I don't really want to go to a lawyer for this, but I can see myself getting stuck in a nightmare where both sides claim the other one is wrong in what they ask for, and in the meantime I am less legally secure in my relationship because they won't change the data and it is not easy to prove that you are single, it seems.
Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 12th 2022, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing dati anagrafici

While you're waiting for some feedback here, you might be able to get some free advice from a lawyer. I connected with one and got some basic advice before having to pay a small amount for more detailed advice. Think i got link via the tutti diriti site or similar.
Old Nov 12th 2022, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by campos
While you're waiting for some feedback here, you might be able to get some free advice from a lawyer. I connected with one and got some basic advice before having to pay a small amount for more detailed advice. Think i got link via the tutti diriti site or similar.
Thanks for your reply. Do you happen to have a link for the website? When I type it in, I just get random info from Amnesty International, etc.

An update - it has been confirmed that the British consulate will not provide information on civil status. But I asked specifically about a consular declaration so I don't know if they are misunderstanding me, or if the two are one and the same.

The original woman I spoke to about doing the convivenza di fatto at the anagrafe, mentioned me needing an international module. When I looked into that, it said that you get it from your local comune. So when I went to the anagrafe, I thought I would be able to get this document from them. Now I am told I need a different document which the consulate doesn't actually provide. The anagrafe also don't accept foreign documents translated which is a surprise. I was thinking worst-case scenario would be a declaration from Births, Deaths and Marriages, translated and legalised, which would have been a piss off but at least I would have known what to do.

Single people living here in Italy, at what point should the marital status data have been entered, and in which situation? I'm guessing during the Carta d'identita' application, but I really have no idea.
Thanks

Last edited by Solarcower; Nov 12th 2022 at 3:08 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2022, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

laleggipertutti.it
Sorry, no idea re your final question.
good luck!
Old Nov 12th 2022, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by campos
laleggipertutti.it
Sorry, no idea re your final question.
good luck!
Thanks for the link.
The final question was aimed at people in general; however, I can see it looks specific. I will change the wording.
Old Nov 14th 2022, 10:56 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a certificate of no impediment that you need? Like an Italian nulla osta?

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ips-and-deaths

Old Nov 14th 2022, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Is it a certificate of no impediment that you need? Like an Italian nulla osta?

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ips-and-deaths
They didn't say that, although that might be what I have to end up getting. This was what they gave me:

​​​​​​I have asked my employer to look into it. It seems I can get the nulla osta in Italian, so hopefully they will accept that. Ignoring the possibility that I would have to pay £50 plus just because this data was never entered properly.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 7:47 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Print out these two pages from the embassy in Rome and go back to your comune and ask them what you're supposed to do now?

This is a typical case of somebody here deciding what Italians need from us and all the different comune copying the blurb without anyone ever finding out if what they are asking for actually exists or not. The declaration was updated last year and in Italian too so the embassy and consulates must have got sick to death of people looking for certain documents or statements to present here in Italy which just don't exist.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...vil_Status.pdf

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Nov 15th 2022 at 7:50 am.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Print out these two pages from the embassy in Rome and go back to your comune and ask them what you're supposed to do now?

This is a typical case of somebody here deciding what Italians need from us and all the different comune copying the blurb without anyone ever finding out if what they are asking for actually exists or not. The declaration was updated last year and in Italian too so the embassy and consulates must have got sick to death of people looking for certain documents or statements to present here in Italy which just don't exist.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...vil_Status.pdf
They are saying to make a self certification. May be the anagrafe will accept that.
Old Nov 17th 2022, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by philat98
They are saying to make a self certification. May be the anagrafe will accept that.
Maybe. However, they seem to want some official document. I would be interested to know the percentage of fraudulent claims of singledom when people are actually married.
I will update when I know what I have to do.
Old Nov 20th 2022, 7:44 am

I wonder why you became "ignoto" in the first place? Surely when one first registers in the comune you are either :
  • Celibe/Nubile.
  • Coniugato/a.
  • Vedovo/a.
  • Divorziato/a.
Ignoto shouldn't be one of the options.