Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Cancelling vodafone mobile

Cancelling vodafone mobile

Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

DaniL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cancelling vodafone mobile

Has anyone cancelled a vodafone contract? I hardly use my phone but the bills are at least 35euro each month. I want to change to pay as you go, but is it difficult/expensive to cancel a contract?
Old Nov 25th 2010, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cancelling vodafone mobile

Originally Posted by DaniL
Has anyone cancelled a vodafone contract? I hardly use my phone but the bills are at least 35euro each month. I want to change to pay as you go, but is it difficult/expensive to cancel a contract?
I have the letter that my wife sent to 3 mobile.to cancel our contract I will dig it out and send you it.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 12:34 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

There is usually a cost involved depending on how many months you have left for your contract. It would be explained in the terms and conditions. What contract do you have and how many months left? If you're past the minimum term then you probably will need to give 1-2 months notice without any charge.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

I think I have a year left which is why I'm worried it will be expensive! I've read through the contract and can't find sanything on cancellation. They must assume you won't want to with their stunning service PN please do pass on that letter, I have a few issues I want to take up with vodafone, it might inspire me!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DaniL
I think I have a year left which is why I'm worried it will be expensive! I've read through the contract and can't find sanything on cancellation. They must assume you won't want to with their stunning service PN please do pass on that letter, I have a few issues I want to take up with vodafone, it might inspire me!
I will, it will be when I get home. We were at the end of our contract so we gave them 30 days notice, send the letter recorded / signature and cancelled the direct debit just in case they didn't take the hint. Six months before the contract was due to end we did approach the mobile shop (3G italia), and if I understood the conversation between my OH and the dealer. We could have cancelled there and then if we paid about 100 euros. But I will check.

We are now with vodaphone for phones and internet but the little pay as you go internet connection is rubbish. Even 3G was better and I thought that was poor.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 3:01 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

With my TIM contract I had about 6 months to go when I changed banks. Unfortunately the new bank wouldn't give me a credit card and I needed one to pay TIM, so when the money stopped being paid they sent me a letter, telling me to go in and pay. I went in, explained I no longer had a credit card so they rang the central office where they said not to worry, the account would be cancelled any credit I had built up, and I had like DaniL through not using it much, would be used to offset the contract - got a letter a month later saying it was closed and paid off. End of problem....Don't know if this would work with Vodafone (who I'm with now) but it might...

DaniL you could also go online and see if you can vary your contract online - there does seem to be that option so it might be worth a try!!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

unless you benefited from your contract eg. free phone or half price for a year, you should be able to annul your contract through the Bersani law free of charge . I've not checked yet but most probably you'll find the form to fill in on moduli.it
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
I have the letter that my wife sent to 3 mobile.to cancel our contract I will dig it out and send you it.
This is all my wife sent. By recorded delivery

{Address and date}

Io sottoscritta {NAME} nata a {Place of Birth and Date} e residente a { Address}
invio la presente raccomandata per richiedere, alla scadenza naturale del contratto, disdetta delle utenze internet n. {Mobile Number} a me intestate.
Allego documento d’identità e codice fiscale per autenticazione.
In fede
{NAME}

But... the 18 month contract was finishing.

If you pm me the letter you want to write including the complaint. I will ask my OH to translate it into Italian for you.

Pecora
Old Nov 26th 2010, 3:49 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Dani, went phone hunting today so I asked Vodafone. If it's a 24mnths contract without a phone you can cancel without problems after 12mnths by giving one mnths notice. Alternatively you can call them and switch contracts.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 4:19 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

My impression was that you can switch contracts too. Have a look at their website. There is loads of info. The shop near the Duomo (on Cavour) is very helpful too and a few of the staff spoke good English. Guess you probably got yours there too?!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, thanks for all the advice. Haven't been on here in a while so hadn't seen all the new replies! I did get a free phone with my contract but they can have the flippin thing back - it broke a couple of months ago. I'll just have to go into the shop and ask. Pecora once I find out what to do I may take you up on your offer!
And testarossa I would change contracts if I wasn't already on the cheapest one! With the 100 free minutes that I never actually get! I got mine at the Cavour shop and the woman insisted this contract was cheaper than pay as you go