Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Buying holiday home Puglia

Buying holiday home Puglia

Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

pratibha is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Buying holiday home Puglia

Can anyone let me know whether the sacra corona unita (mafia) of puglia or mafia general have any influence on buying holiday home in Puglia. Is there any threat from this group? Is it safe to buy in Puglia and what is resale of property like? Thanks in advance for shedding any light.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying holiday home Puglia

We live full time in Puglia and have never come across the Mafia, but I am sure there are some who have Feel free to PM me if you want any further information on buying in Puglia.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Rosemerry is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Buying holiday home Puglia

We also live full time in Puglia. We don't know anything about the Mafia. Buying our villa was no problem at all and are really happy here. We have not tried to sell but our understanding is that the properties do not sell quickly, much the same in Italy as in Spain and France.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Buying holiday home Puglia

Yeah don't worry it's quite safe, ordinary people have no problems, go ahead, good luck, just be preprared, the billls are high, the bureauracy sucks, and winter is ****ing cold 9 degrees inside (without heating) and the summers are ****ing hot- 42 degrees today. Make sure if you decide to live here that you can afford to go home often so you won't feel isolated. I love having the internet, e-mail and Film On...etc etc.. something that wasn't available when I moved here way back in the 70.s. Take care and all the best. Pat