Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Brits soon to be "extracomunitari"..?

Wikiposts

Brits soon to be "extracomunitari"..?

Old Nov 21st 2012, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits soon to be "extracomunitari"..?

MarkRD - good luck with the criminal records certificate - you'll have to go to UK to get one of course, and then send it to Milton Keynes for legalisation.
Equality between religions? In Siracusa the following:
Siracusan 'dottore' 'Are you Christians in the UK?'
Me - 'Just - we're anglicans.'
SD- Thats not Christan - catholics are christian
Me: Actually its Christianity, but we dont believe in transubstantiation
SD - 'oh .... Do you have Christmas?'

Last edited by modicasa; Nov 21st 2012 at 2:23 am.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
mmmm ... it's hard enough sometimes for Italian bureaucracy to include "cittadini dell'Unione Europeo" in many official documents I can't see them including Swiss, Norwegians and the like.
Mobility is one thing, being able to 'do' things in Italy is another.
They have to. Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland are members of the EEA, and their citizens have exactly the same rights as EU citizens when it comes to living and working in other EEA/EU countries. Switzerland has a bilateral agreement with the EU which grants its citizens the same rights.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Switzerland does, but only to a certain extent. There reciprocity agreements, so if you cant do it in Switzerland you cant do it in ITaly. eg - buy a big house without being resident..
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Swiss banks don't cope too well with EU regulations either ....
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by modicasa
MarkRD - good luck with the criminal records certificate - you'll have to go to UK to get one of course, and then send it to Milton Keynes for legalisation.
.... I get that so often too.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Marocco
They have to. Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland are members of the EEA, and their citizens have exactly the same rights as EU citizens when it comes to living and working in other EEA/EU countries. Switzerland has a bilateral agreement with the EU which grants its citizens the same rights.
Do they also have exemption from the permesso di soggiorno? Just curious...
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
Just been on a senior citizens pilgrimage to Assisi and Santa Rita di Cascia (with Perugina chocolate factory thrown in). Can you imagine me having to explain why I didn't cross myself in the churches - because my dad and grandad were Methodist lay preachers? A right laugh it was. So I was a pagan then? or a non credente? Of course, Donna C and other family members know the score
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ononno
Just been on a senior citizens pilgrimage to Assisi and Santa Rita di Cascia (with Perugina chocolate factory thrown in). Can you imagine me having to explain why I didn't cross myself in the churches - because my dad and grandad were Methodist lay preachers? A right laugh it was. So I was a pagan then? or a non credente? Of course, Donna C and other family members know the score
ciao for now,
'o nonno
I never cross myself, and if I'm in a service I always say the Lord's Prayer in English ... it's all the same anyway.

Henry VIII was right though .. and his idea of wanting to be 'separate' from everyone else seems to continue ..

Last edited by MarkRD; Nov 21st 2012 at 7:25 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MarkRD

Henry VIII was right though .. and his idea of wanting to be 'separate' from everyone else seems to continue ..
That was hardly for spiritual reasons though was it? He fancied Anne Boleyn!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by K in Modena
That was hardly for spiritual reasons though was it? He fancied Anne Boleyn!
True .. bu then a whole load of separist stuff grew up around that... and the English (British) have been obsessed with it ever since!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Sicily in common parlance the word extracommunitari does not mean outside the EC. I asked a few people today if Americans were extracommunitari and they all said no and when I asked them why they smiled and said that the Americans had their own community. Also quite a few people are not really sure if the UK is in the EC as we don't have the Euro and we are "non schengen" at the airport. I don't think the UK will ever leave the EC but am not sure it would really make that much difference if we did as the break would be carefully negociated
Old Nov 24th 2012, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

homeandgardens will become famous soon enough

If it wasn't for the French and the Germans, the whole EU system would have imploded years ago. I recon in few years time Italy will belong to the United Nations of the Med. By then I'll be living on a boat, dogging revolutions... (Maybe too harsh statement). OK I might be making goat cheese in the Alps.(that sounds acceptable).