"Brexit"

Old Mar 16th 2016, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Brexit"

Originally Posted by Donna Noble
In the case of Brexit I will definitely feel sorry for my nieces and nephews who won't be able to enjoy the freedom to access the wider European experience in the future as I have done.
Why?

People were wandering around Europe for many years before the EU was dreamed about.

I'm voting Out
Old Mar 16th 2016, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I'm out,
Old Mar 16th 2016, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Donna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Why?

People were wandering around Europe
Welcome to the 21st Century! I'm not talking about wandering around Europe in a big shirt.

I'm talking about the right to work, have access to healthcare, education for our children, etc.

PS I thought most Brexiteers wanted out to stop the wandering about bit. Or is it OK for us to wander around their countries but not for them to wander around ours?
Old Mar 17th 2016, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

If Europe suddenly had to vote on whether to allow the UK to stay in, you could hear the howls of outrage from home counties from here. Instead, they talk about sovereignty and freedom of choice, but it all comes down to the Uk not wanting the great unwashed there, but wanting to behave like colonial masters everywhere they fancy. it is pretty unpleasant. (But watching Osborne admit he is the worst Chancellor in living memory yeserday with his Let Them Eat Cake budget, its not why they would vote to leave Europe, its why they would want to stay in britain with such cretins at the helm)
Old Mar 17th 2016, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
(But watching Osborne admit he is the worst Chancellor in living memory yeserday with his Let Them Eat Cake budget, its not why they would vote to leave Europe, its why they would want to stay in britain with such cretins at the helm)
Are you sure he admitted that? Apart from his £70bn budget deficit everything is going well.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Not in so many words- but he was dressed up as Marie Antoinette
Old Mar 17th 2016, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sancho
Most members probably know about this petition, but some may not -

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/112142
Signed by me and my daughter. Some hope though ...

I like the way the 'show on a map' page only shows the UK! oooh the irony...

http://petitionmap.unboxedconsulting...etition=112142

Last edited by MarkRD; Mar 17th 2016 at 8:35 am.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Most members will probably have seen this, but some may not:

WILL BREXIT MEAN A BRIT EXPAT EXODUS ?
Old Mar 31st 2016, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Donna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sancho
WILL BREXIT MEAN A BRIT EXPAT EXODUS ?
Ha ha! That photo's right like my local bar that is!
Old Mar 31st 2016, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a scene from the story of the Brinks Mat robbery.

Such a nice little bar probably has everything you want except a good glass of ale.

Last edited by philat98; Mar 31st 2016 at 8:15 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2016, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Steve_Turin is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: "Brexit"

It is important to ensure you are registered to vote for the Brexit referendum. Expats in the EU have very little to gain from an exit and a lot at risk . This is the website to register to vote: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

Cheers
Old Apr 8th 2016, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by modicasa
Let Them Eat Cake ...
I think the last week have proved how prescient modicasa's choice of analogy actually was!

So, BoJo's obviously got the same set up what with his wealthy background since he's supporting Cameron through this bad patch.

And, have you noticed how Farage has been uncharacteristically quiet this week? Not like him not to make mileage out of Cameron's woes ….
Old Apr 9th 2016, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

And of course the strange thing for the inners and outers is that the UK has been trying to stop the new EU legislation on disclosure of offshore funds, because it would 'harm Britain'. What a tangled web they all weave.
Old Apr 9th 2016, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Not quite the same, I know - for one thing it's about non-EU citizens - but I wonder if this suggests how things could go if we leave. Might they decide whether they want you or whether they don't according to how rich you are ?

http://europe.newsweek.com/backlash-...4669%3Frm%3Deu
Old Apr 9th 2016, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

I think you're right Sancho. If Brexit happens then the 35k salary rule would apply to everyone outside the UK trying to get in. The UK would become a rich persons club - feels that already doesn't it? I mean the average and lower earner are being squeezed out already aren't they?. I had my doubts before about this when I said I thought it was possible the UK would become a blacklist country. Doesn't seem such a wild idea after all!

I think all the main players in the referendum should make their tax position public - so we can make an informed judgement. My guess is that they're all up to it. Farage admitted having a trust in the Isle of Man some years ago and said he'd closed it … but what did he do with the money in the end? He's an ex-hedge fund manager - let's face it, he's unlikely to have stashed the money in a Natwest current account.

It's depressing that this referendum is basically becoming a confidence vote in the current prime minister. Such short-termism.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.