Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Old Dec 30th 2020, 4:38 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Originally Posted by Gbinitaly
We’ll see how many native Brits who became dual nationals will do the hassle of going to the Questura and do all the procedures for an Italian passport from now to October, including paying another 120 euros.
It actually isn't a hassle. Booked online. Paid at post office. Half hour at the Questura and they send it to you after 15 days or you can pick it up.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 4:43 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
With 500k Italians living in the UK it is quite likely that some agreement might be reached with id cards. They couldnt stop you using an indirect flight to the UK with an Id card and UK passport.
This article implies you can go to the Uk with a combination of carta d'identia and a UK passport after October 2021.
https://www.intermundial.it/blog/che...-cittadinanza/
The UK has long hated ID cards and repeatedly attempted to get them banned for entry to the UK. Visitors will not be allowed to use the after October.
Italians residents in the UK will be able to use their ID cards. I can't remember the exact terms, but the paper one will be valid for 2 or 3 years more. The electronic one longer.
You will be probably be able to use your ID card to enter and exit Italy, but you risk finding an officer who doesn't agree with you. Once the ETIAS is up and running it is highly unlikely that you will be able to use an ID card extra EU.

Last edited by 37100; Dec 30th 2020 at 4:47 pm.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Even though you can’t travel on your Italian ID card surely it should be enough at the point of entry to not have to have your passport stamped? Or am I missing something…?
I've got to admit I'm puzzled by some of these posts - and, yes, at my age I'm easily puzzled.
But, from a debate about a holder of dual Italian-British nationality needing a WA Attestation to cover their presence in Italy, to how holders of both nationalities present themselves at either of the two borders, to worries about stamps on a passport, why is the only comment I can empathise with, the one about sausages?

Last edited by jiminalpago; Dec 30th 2020 at 6:34 pm.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Gbinitaly is an unknown quantity at this point

With 500k Italians living in the UK it is quite likely that some agreement might be reached with id cards. They couldnt stop you using an indirect flight to the UK with an Id card and UK passport.
This article implies you can go to the Uk with a combination of carta d'identia and a UK passport after October 2021.
It will be interesting to see what happens at the UK border, it seems the Uk government isn’t issuing any WA card unlike Italy and the other EU countries, so lots of people will turn up just with their ID card.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

It will be interesting to see what happens at the UK border, it seems the Uk government isn’t issuing any WA card unlike Italy and the other EU countries, so lots of people will turn up just with their ID card.
I looked on Jill Morris's facebook and she is saying they will clarify the situation for dual nationals.The airlines must know the rules.
Old Dec 31st 2020, 7:19 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I picked up my new WA attestazione in the comune yesterday. One simple side of a A4, all in Italian. At least mine says: Cittadindo/a Brittanica because I've seen some where the comune person has mistakenly put INGLESE.
Old Dec 31st 2020, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I picked up my new WA attestazione in the comune yesterday. One simple side of a A4, all in Italian. At least mine says: Cittadindo/a Brittanica because I've seen some where the comune person has mistakenly put INGLESE.
Good, I wish Mrs. Unpleasant in my comune had given one to me too, a piece of paper that will never be used in Italy but only for travelling.
Instead dual nationals are the only people left without a document
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 8:58 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Good, I wish Mrs. Unpleasant in my comune had given one to me too, a piece of paper that will never be used in Italy but only for travelling.
Instead dual nationals are the only people left without a document
I was kind, or sneaky and furba and once I had the WA in my hands and checked it didn't have any mistakes, I handed a bottle of chilled Prosecco over to Mrs Unpleasant. She initially refused but I told her and her cronies to crack it open, have a brindisi and dare un calcio in culo al 2020. You never know how many other bits of paper or whatever I might need from them and to be fair, Mrs Unpleasant, once I made her understand that my normal residency wasn't enough, became very organised and did everything by phone and email and even gave me the comune IBAN to pay for the bolli so the only time I needed to actually go into the comune in person was to collect the finished WA attestazione.
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I was kind, or sneaky and furba and once I had the WA in my hands and checked it didn't have any mistakes, I handed a bottle of chilled Prosecco over to Mrs Unpleasant. She initially refused but I told her and her cronies to crack it open, have a brindisi and dare un calcio in culo al 2020. You never know how many other bits of paper or whatever I might need from them and to be fair, Mrs Unpleasant, once I made her understand that my normal residency wasn't enough, became very organised and did everything by phone and email and even gave me the comune IBAN to pay for the bolli so the only time I needed to actually go into the comune in person was to collect the finished WA attestazione.
Probably I’ll try again when the new WA chip card will be available from the Questura, maybe there won’t be a Mrs. Unpleasant..
I just want a bloody document to confirm the Withdrawal Agreement status in the future, it’s not only for residence rights, so even dual nationals must be given some kind of document for this.

Last edited by Gbinitaly; Jan 2nd 2021 at 2:57 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2021, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

I have a UK passport and Italian ID card and no WA certificate: I will let everyone know if I have any problems but I can't see what the point of the W certificate is
Old Jan 3rd 2021, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicktonight
I have a UK passport and Italian ID card and no WA certificate: I will let everyone know if I have any problems but I can't see what the point of the W certificate is
Jill Morris's facebook isnt very clear either.
Old Jan 4th 2021, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

I work on the basis that when i go back to the Uk I will travel on my GB passport to avoid the queues at the airport. This will presumably get stamped. Coming back Ill use my Italian ID for the same reason. This will mean that according to my British passport I have left Italy and not returned. Something and nothing, but you can imagine the bureaucratic nightmares this could cause. If, for example, I hadnt been resident for 5 years, and result absent for more than 6 motnhs I lose my right to residency. For the sake of a bit of paper it seems daft to risk it.
Old Jan 4th 2021, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
I work on the basis that when i go back to the Uk I will travel on my GB passport to avoid the queues at the airport. This will presumably get stamped. Coming back Ill use my Italian ID for the same reason. This will mean that according to my British passport I have left Italy and not returned. Something and nothing, but you can imagine the bureaucratic nightmares this could cause. If, for example, I hadnt been resident for 5 years, and result absent for more than 6 motnhs I lose my right to residency. For the sake of a bit of paper it seems daft to risk it.
Unless you are an Italian Citizen your italian ID is not a valid travel document and at the airport you ought to use the doc you quoted when booking the ticket . Over the weekend ther have been reports in the press of residents being refused rientry ( mainly to Spain ) despite having all their documents in order . Some degree of confusion is to be expected and really no one wants anyone from the UK travelling about at the moment but the advice seems to be to carry the WA document and any other proof of residence you may have handy including utility bills . The WA document will eventually be superseeded by the new biometric card but thats going to take some time. The biggest issue is for people who do not have residency documents with them and want to travel back to Italy . You Itallian ID card serves only as an identification document its not proof of residence .
Old Jan 4th 2021, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Funny those people prohibited from entering Spain had their documents in order. A lot of Spanish residents live below the radar. I wonder wnat happens with them?
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...xit-travel-row

Last edited by philat98; Jan 4th 2021 at 8:48 am.
Old Jan 4th 2021, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Funny those people prohibited from entering Spain had their documents in order. A lot of Spanish residents live below the radar. I wonder wnat happens with them?
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...xit-travel-row
By below the radar Brits tend to mean '' unofficially '' and now after Brexit they'll just have to accept that they are infact illegal immigrants and most probably tax avoiders as well .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.