Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Bilingual School in Turin

Bilingual School in Turin

Old Nov 17th 2018, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

afifzamri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bilingual School in Turin

Hi, me and my family will be moving to Turin sometime early next year. Currently, our greatest concern is schooling for my daughter. She will turn 6 this December hence should already start primary school by the time we get there. International schools are rather pricey so I am considering sending her to a bilingual school. Ivwould like her to learn italian but would not want her to miss out on her English. I have identified the Bilingual European School of Turin (BEST) and Saint Denis Bilingual School. Are there any other Bilingual schools located in the Turin area? Has anyone had any experience with sending their child to bilingual schools? My work will be in the Villastalone area so a school a little out of town is preferred if there are any.
Old Nov 17th 2018, 4:58 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bilingual School in Turin

Originally Posted by afifzamri
Hi, me and my family will be moving to Turin sometime early next year. Currently, our greatest concern is schooling for my daughter. She will turn 6 this December hence should already start primary school by the time we get there. International schools are rather pricey so I am considering sending her to a bilingual school. Ivwould like her to learn italian but would not want her to miss out on her English. I have identified the Bilingual European School of Turin (BEST) and Saint Denis Bilingual School. Are there any other Bilingual schools located in the Turin area? Has anyone had any experience with sending their child to bilingual schools? My work will be in the Villastalone area so a school a little out of town is preferred if there are any.
N. B. I can't recommend any schools. My pair are well into adult age.😁
There is a Montessori bilingual school in Orbassano. It's not, I think, 'parificata', but unless you intend staying in Italy, that will not effect you. If you need help looking it up, I'll do it.😁
Old Nov 19th 2018, 1:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 37100
N. B. I can't recommend any schools. My pair are well into adult age.😁
There is a Montessori bilingual school in Orbassano. It's not, I think, 'parificata', but unless you intend staying in Italy, that will not effect you. If you need help looking it up, I'll do it.😁
Thank you for your reply. My job offer is permanent so I guess I will be staying in Italy for a considerable amount of time. Please enlighten me on how going to a non 'parificata' status school will affect my children in the long run. I think Orbassano is a little out of the way for me but hey, at this point all options are still on the table! Thank you!
Old May 20th 2019, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Just posting an update. We have arrived in Turin and have enrolled our children at Saint Denis school. However, we are considering to send them to Vittoria Junior school as they also provide some UK syllabus and the maths and science are taught in English.
Has anyone had some experience with this school? Any comments are most wecome! Thank you!
Old May 21st 2019, 6:33 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Hello. Hope your move went smoothly. How are you all finding life in Italy so far?
I don't think we currently have any members in Turin with children of primary school age. We used to do but her kids went to the local Italian school.
Just a thought, but what age does Vittoria school go up to? If your kids will be attending an Italian middle school in the future, will maths and science be hard for them if they only know it in English?
Old May 21st 2019, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Hi there. Thank you for your reply. For the most part, my move went very smoothly. Life is really interesting in Turin. The one thing instantly noticable is how difficult it is to get around without knowing much italian. Thank God for Google translate though! However, my company is providing me with Italian lessons and I hope to quickly get my proficiency up to at least conversational levels.
The children have started at Saint Denis bilingual school and so far they are enjoying it though there is alot more Italian than the bilingual moniker would suggest. Then again, like you said if we are to move to an Italian middle school later on this is probably best for them.
Vittoria school goes all the way up to A-Levels but I think once my children are proficient enough in Italian I will switch them to an Italian school. The bilingual school is an intermediary step to help with the transition to the Italian system.

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Hello. Hope your move went smoothly. How are you all finding life in Italy so far?
I don't think we currently have any members in Turin with children of primary school age. We used to do but her kids went to the local Italian school.
Just a thought, but what age does Vittoria school go up to? If your kids will be attending an Italian middle school in the future, will maths and science be hard for them if they only know it in English?
Old May 21st 2019, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

There is an International School in Turin that offers IB curriculum.
Old May 21st 2019, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. That is good to know but the fees at International schools are usually out my budget. Since we plan to stay here longer then in the long run Italian schools is the direction we're heading towards.

Originally Posted by carcajou
There is an International School in Turin that offers IB curriculum.