Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

Old Feb 6th 2010, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

I am very short sighted too but I went through a phase of refusing to wear them... I used to look drunk in nightclubs before I was drunk as I wouldn't see steps etc. and I met oh in a nightclub in Brighton without my glasses. Luckily I could see him alright when I was very close... I also panicked when I went to meet him for our second date as I wasn't sure I'd recognise him.... luckily (or unluckily it depends on how I feel on a daily basis) he found me!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by indiebird
I might just do it to make my neighbours even more wary of us with our strange inglesi ways!!
Strange.....but true...Can picture you in shower with bicarb, lemons and now sack of potatoes and maybe some newspapers too (good for cleaning mirrors / glass or so my gran used to say....) Me, I just use 'products'..... Hows Ajax working ??????
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Hmmmm need to get round to actually scrubbing the shower before using the Ajax.... not quite happened yet

However, I was reading a story in Italian last night called 'Pesci Grossi, Pesci Piccoli' and came across this piece:

'Non aveva con sé la mezza patata da sfregare sul vetro per farlo ritornare limpido,'

which (I think!!!) translates as 'He didn't have half a potato with him to rub on the glass to make it clear again.'

So maybe the italians came up with the potato idea in the 1st place eh??!!
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by indiebird
Hmmmm need to get round to actually scrubbing the shower before using the Ajax.... not quite happened yet

However, I was reading a story in Italian last night called 'Pesci Grossi, Pesci Piccoli' and came across this piece:

'Non aveva con sé la mezza patata da sfregare sul vetro per farlo ritornare limpido,'

which (I think!!!) translates as 'He didn't have half a potato with him to rub on the glass to make it clear again.'

So maybe the italians came up with the potato idea in the 1st place eh??!!
Ahhhhh, those clever italiansalways in the know.....How weird you happened to read about potatoes and glass...well done for you translating it tho' my italian not good have just got verb drill book so expect great things. Bathroom can wait....is sunday, day of rest
Old Sep 30th 2010, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Had to post on this.... made me laugh.

Bit of background My older brother is a multi millionaire and thinks he is wonderful. No one ever contradicts or upsets him because his friends are normally linked in some way to his business.

So my older brother asked my OH if the Italians use nick names for the English. She didn't understand him so he explained. Mick or Paddy for the Irish etc and he then said Wop for italians and how the nick name came about.

Calm as a cucumber she said the Italian don't do that. My brother said really. She paused as though thinking then said. I have heard people refer to the English as Lordo.

My brother said ah! lordo, why?

My Oh said, because the word sounds a bit like your english word for Royalty "Lord and Ladies". At this point my brother was smiling.
She then finished of by saying lordo in Italian means dirty or filthy, and we use it because the English don't use a bidet, they just try and clean themselves with bits of paper..
Old Sep 30th 2010, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera

Bit of background My older brother is a multi millionaire and thinks he is wonderful. No one ever contradicts or upsets him because his friends are normally linked in some way to his business.

So my older brother asked my OH if the Italians use nick names for the English. She didn't understand him so he explained. Mick or Paddy for the Irish etc and he then said Wop for italians and how the nick name came about.

Calm as a cucumber she said the Italian don't do that. My brother said really. She paused as though thinking then said. I have heard people refer to the English as Lordo.

My Oh said, because the word sounds a bit like your english word for Royalty "Lord and Ladies". At this point my brother was smiling.
She then finished of by saying lordo in Italian means dirty or filthy, and we use it because the English don't use a bidet, they just try and clean themselves with bits of paper..
I would very much like to meet your older brother. There's summat about him I find exceedingly appealing. Can't quite put my finger on it, but definitely something.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

you've cheered me up Pecora - am having a crappy couple of days but just reading these posts makes me smile !
Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

labus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by .Ariel.
LOL.

"if you are wearing pants you will generally need to remove them in order to straddle the bidet in this manner." - Be it pants Amercian style or pants English style it's still funny.

"If the bidet has both hot and cold water controls, start by turning on the hot water."

Idiots guide or what
I definitely wouldn't go near a bidet that DIDN'T have hot and cold water taps.
You would be amased what shortcuts people take to finish quicker whatever they do. Rest assured, the instructions are based on the clients' went wrong trials. Some of them went very, very wrong, followed by suing the bidet manufacturer for burns, fractures, feet stuck in the device and so on.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Patty

you've cheered me up Pecora - am having a crappy couple of days but just reading these posts makes me smile !
My brother is very competitive to be honest he is also very clever,,, and shrewd mean manipulative.

My OH is also very competitive and clever, but the difference between them is my wife was classical educated and so he no longer tries to play the I'm cleverer than you bit. We all played trivial pursuits in English and my OH who had only been in the uk 1 year won.. The other difference is my brother has huggins of money, own plane etc. But you can bet there will still be a bun fight over my mum and dads will when they pop their clogs. I will sit in the sunshine in Italy and watch the fight from here..
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

labus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant future

In my opinion the bidet should be a standard for any country. Toilet paper doesn't do wonders. And then eventually you take a shower, which needs to be thoroughly cleaned after that for the next use.
So what will it be: Ajaxing the shower after every use or cleaning a bidet?

Last edited by labus; Sep 30th 2010 at 1:24 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by labus
In my opinion the bidet should be a standard for any country. Toilet paper doesn't wonders. And then eventually you take a shower, which needs to be thoroughly cleaned after that for the next use.
So what will it be: Ajaxing the shower after every use or cleaning a bidet?
I have become an Italian. Bidet
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:24 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Mine still gets used for most of the same reasons I stated in my first post on this thread ........ apart from the fact that both kids can now reach the sink and the two hamsters are dead. (Not a bidet death - natural causes.)
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

I have become an Italian. Bidet
When one gets used to using it it would be hard when one cannot use it for one reason or another. I tell you from my experience.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Mine still gets used for most of the same reasons I stated in my first post on this thread ........ apart from the fact that both kids can now reach the sink and the two hamsters are dead. (Not a bidet death - natural causes.)
Both dead You will read about this in the Sunday Papers. Italian cruelty to hamsters where is the you tube broadcast.

Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:43 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Both dead You will read about this in the Sunday Papers. Italian cruelty to hamsters where is the you tube broadcast.

Well this thread was started back in 2008 and hamsters have a very short lifespan. At lest they had a good life and weren't baked in a loaf of bread

There is a scuba diving Action Man in my bidet right now - complete with bright orange flippers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.