Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The BBC channels have gone.....

The BBC channels have gone.....

Old Feb 7th 2014, 9:31 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The BBC channels have gone.....

Originally Posted by Isakat
I am sure your wife wishes that too.
No she prefers Big Macs
Old Feb 9th 2014, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

tangerine0072000 will become famous soon enough

If you want a slick way to watch UK TV and others on the Internet, get your selves a 'Rasberry PI'.

This is a little media centre box no bigger than a large box of matches. I stick one of these on the back of my TV. It connects to the TV using HDMI and connects to the Internet using wireless or wired. Its uses some software called XBMC which comes with plugins for Filmon and many others.

If you have a modern TV the menu can be controlled by your TV remote. If you don't have a modern TV, you can control the menu using apps for phones and tablets.

The raspberry PI costs around £30-40 and the end result is a very slick way of watching Internet TV.

Some info on Youtube below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L5GCmXgHK8
Old Feb 9th 2014, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

mikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linseed oil
ot just get filmon though your computer all English telly free
Filmon is great many thanks for the info
Old Feb 9th 2014, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

I agree Filmon is great and no need for VPN
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:22 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I will need to consider this for the World Cup.

Does anyone stream Filmon directly to their TV without cables?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Patty
Two of my friends who live nearby have still got every channel though and I asked them what size dish they have (cos I only have a 70cm) and they have 1.2m
Are you absolutely sure about this? I've read reports from Verona and Milan not getting anything with a 1.5mt, do make sure they are receiving all channels in the evening because that's when the signal seems to drop considerably.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:58 am
Pull my finger

I am getting absolutely nothing day or night from the BBC with a 1.2x1.3m dish in Vicenza (basically along the A4 motorway from Verona and Milano). If there was the slightest hint of a signal during the daytime then I would know a small upgrade in dish size could resolve the issue but there is absolutely zilch!
Come on Patty! Any chance you could break into your friends' homes and check for yourself if they're telling the truth?

It was the early morning of Thursday 06/02 that they changed over...
Old Feb 10th 2014, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

mikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond repute

yea could do with knowing if it is worth getting my 2 m dish set up or just go down the internet route
Old Feb 10th 2014, 12:42 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikethomo
yea could do with knowing if it is worth getting my 2 m dish set up or just go down the internet route
You are faced with a very tough call Mike. If it was 3m it would definitely be worth a shot, 1m definitely not worth bothering - how much would it cost you to set it up and give it a try?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
You are faced with a very tough call Mike. If it was 3m it would definitely be worth a shot, 1m definitely not worth bothering - how much would it cost you to set it up and give it a try?
Just the time really to give it a temporary whirl. When we loose ITV I will be on the case. Just a little busy at the moment as I am cutting trees in my wood which is 12 km away from my house when the weather permits! there are only 6 weeks of the cutting season left so this is first priority.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 2:50 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Just the time really to give it a temporary whirl. When we loose ITV I will be on the case. Just a little busy at the moment as I am cutting trees in my wood which is 12 km away from my house when the weather permits! there are only 6 weeks of the cutting season left so this is first priority.
understood, in which case worth giving it a go when time permits is the way forward methinks
Old Feb 10th 2014, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

When we loose ITV I will be on the case
Tonight then > http://skyinmadrid.com/pages/news.html
Old Feb 10th 2014, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ameliapond
poo
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke with my 2 friends today and although one of them had a bit of a problem with BBC last night (it went a bit fuzzy) she said today its fine. The other one (who is my boss so I cant break into her house Duffer ) told me that she took off all the HD channels and put the normal ones back and has absolutely no problem now. Will wait and see tomorrow if I lose all the ITV and Ch 4 etc - I will be very very depressed if I do.
Mind you - I did watch Call the Midwives on filmon last night and it was great. Its just that I am a telly addict and have the tv on usually in the background all the time - so while filmon is okay for the odd programme its not quite the same.
(doing the ironing whilst watching Deal or No Deal is just a must....)
By the way - has anyone watched the italian version - its so awful its hilarious.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patty
I spoke with my 2 friends today and although one of them had a bit of a problem with BBC last night (it went a bit fuzzy) she said today its fine. The other one (who is my boss so I cant break into her house Duffer ) told me that she took off all the HD channels and put the normal ones back and has absolutely no problem now. Will wait and see tomorrow if I lose all the ITV and Ch 4 etc - I will be very very depressed if I do.
Mind you - I did watch Call the Midwives on filmon last night and it was great. Its just that I am a telly addict and have the tv on usually in the background all the time - so while filmon is okay for the odd programme its not quite the same.
(doing the ironing whilst watching Deal or No Deal is just a must....)
By the way - has anyone watched the italian version - its so awful its hilarious.
we watch deal or no deal every day here in abruzzo , on filmon , bit sad I know but it passes the time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.