Bari, puglia

Old Sep 7th 2010, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

nikkiandmarino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bari, puglia

Hello My name is Nikki, I am 28 and have been living in Casamassima for the past year and a half. So far i have lived a secluded life and desperate to find friends. Everything i try to do i am put of by the though of not being able to communicate to people and just yearning to have good old chinwag with friends of simular experience. I have found a lot of plusses and minus about living in the area and would like to shear them. As i said i have tried to join groups ect but i can not find a english speaking group for me to go to. But by reading a few comments i have discovered that there are a few in the area. Possibly we can all get together and start our own group? Any surgestion or ideas welcome. look forward to hear from you fellow pugliese people x
Old Sep 8th 2010, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bari, puglia

Hi Nikki, I live quite along way down from you near Gallipoli, my very talented dance teacher is from Casamassima. I hope you find some people up there, we are off to Umbria soon and eventually will be returning to the UK to be closer to most of our immediate family. I wish you well and whenever you feel like a chin-wag there're a lot of nice people on this site.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

Hi! I'm in Casamassima as I write this! Having lunch at Auchan. You wouldn't want to meet me though. I show a marked lack of self restraint in public places and am unkind to animals and small children.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 11:45 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

I think you should try to mix with the locals, I only really mix with Italians and surprisingly I am picking up the lingo, if you get them to talk slow its not so bad, I live in puglia too and its a huge place but I think there are loads of english people up there in bari area not many down where I am unless they are hiding
Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:14 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

anyone in puglia keep your eye on the telly they were filming in my street today, there must be something like crimewatch on tv here, there was a three year old boy murdered on the beach about 15 years ago and they recreated the murder and filmed it there was an ambulance flying up and down the street and they were filming it, I thought someone was really ill but the locals told me it was for telly, I knew there had been a terrible murder here years ago I found the story online but did not know it was in my street, its one of 18 cold cases they are trying to solve with latest techniques ,if anyone knows what channel its on let me know
Old Sep 12th 2010, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Ciao bricwood, I would have thought it would probably be 'Chi l'ha visto' which will be starting up again soon on RAI TRE., especially since a child is involved. There have been a few strange cases involving children in Puglia in recent years. The case of the 2 boys in Gravina for example.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:27 am
Banned

I said to an Italian that at least you dont get all kids missing and some killed and I was told kids go missing every day in Italy , my neighbour told me the story and tears rolled down her face after 18 years
Old Sep 12th 2010, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Back to the piont......

Hi Nikki, I live quite along way down from you near Gallipoli, my very talented dance teacher is from Casamassima. I hope you find some people up there, we are off to Umbria soon and eventually will be returning to the UK to be closer to most of our immediate family. I wish you well and whenever you feel like a chin-wag there're a lot of nice people on this site.

Hi Pat,
wow Gallipoli, how is it dow there? I passed by there to go to Santa maria dell luca for a easter break. The name always sounds inviting. So your returning, yes it is really hard to be away from family. Im struggling with that side too.
I live with my Boyfriend Marino (Giammarino) in his home town (Casamassima). We met in London and lived in my home town near Chelmsford for a few years, but always had the plan to move over and open a Bar and restaurant with his parents. Marino has showed me his world and introduced me to all his friends which have been all very welcoming but none speak english and im still struggling with the language. So im trying to find some like me, but it is proving to be like im the only one. Although you said about your dance teacher, Do you know if she teaches in Casamassima? I like dance and have been wanting to join a group. Does she speak english?
Hope all is well and you havent had the major down poors like we have had, but saying that it saves me watering the plants lol
Take care and Thank you

Last edited by nikkiandmarino; Sep 12th 2010 at 4:43 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Anderson you sound kinda sceary so yes i wouldnt want to meet you. Hope you dont terrorise Auchan to much as im in there a bit. Thanks for letting me know i am not the only brit in casamassima, I shear it with a nut. That makes me fill a lot better.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Hi Nikki, Gallipoli is lovely, yes the name is inviting and comes from Greek- Kale polis = beautiful city. Sorry Esmeralda our dance teacher runs the school with her husband down here, she doesn't speak any english but all the jargon for dancing is in english (slow, slow, quick etc) so why not join a school in your area, you'll love it and make friends.