Reload this Page >

B1/B2 visa renewal

B1/B2 visa renewal

Old Mar 2nd 2013, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

stranieri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B1/B2 visa renewal

Hello there,
I've searched, but cannot find any information that I need. Am hoping someone can help.
My husband and I have a house in Florida and spend the winters here. We each have a B1/B2 visa, which expire at the end of this year. We got them from the Embassy in London, 10 years ago, when we lived in the UK. Since retiring, we have moved to Italy and have bought a house there. We also still own a property in the UK, which we let.
We are now still UK citizens, but are resident in Italy.
My questions are...
What are the chances of being granted another B1/B2 visa?
Do we need to go back to london for an interview, or can we go to the American Embassy in milan or Rome? The problem we'd have in going back to London is that we'd have to leave our passports there. how would we get home to Italy?
Another concern is that, since being granted our visas in 2003, both our grown up children have moved to America and work there. We are worried that, if asked if we have family in America, it may ruin our chances. Can anyone offer us any advice please?
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:18 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B1/B2 visa renewal

Originally Posted by stranieri
Hello there,
I've searched, but cannot find any information that I need. Am hoping someone can help.
My husband and I have a house in Florida and spend the winters here. We each have a B1/B2 visa, which expire at the end of this year. We got them from the Embassy in London, 10 years ago, when we lived in the UK. Since retiring, we have moved to Italy and have bought a house there. We also still own a property in the UK, which we let.
We are now still UK citizens, but are resident in Italy.
My questions are...
What are the chances of being granted another B1/B2 visa?
Do we need to go back to london for an interview, or can we go to the American Embassy in milan or Rome? The problem we'd have in going back to London is that we'd have to leave our passports there. how would we get home to Italy?
Another concern is that, since being granted our visas in 2003, both our grown up children have moved to America and work there. We are worried that, if asked if we have family in America, it may ruin our chances. Can anyone offer us any advice please?
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Call me an idiot, but I'm not sure I follow you at all.
You talk about American visas and the American Embassy but then you say you are still UK citizens?
How did you get your Italian residency? Have you got a permesso di soggiorno?
When you say "UK citizens" did you mean UK residents?
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

stranieri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lorna,
We are UK citizens and have UK/EU passports. We moved to Italy 6 years ago and got permesso di soggiorno, followed a few months later with Italian residency.
As we have a second home in Florida, we applied for USA B1/B2 visas, 10 years ago in London, so that we would be allowed to stay in USA for more than 90 days. It's these visas that are due to expire at the end of this year. My main question is, can we make appointments in the American embassy in Milan or Rome, to try to renew them? Milan is nearer, so would be our first choice.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 2:50 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stranieri
Hi Lorna,
We are UK citizens and have UK/EU passports. We moved to Italy 6 years ago and got permesso di soggiorno, followed a few months later with Italian residency.
As we have a second home in Florida, we applied for USA B1/B2 visas, 10 years ago in London, so that we would be allowed to stay in USA for more than 90 days. It's these visas that are due to expire at the end of this year. My main question is, can we make appointments in the American embassy in Milan or Rome, to try to renew them? Milan is nearer, so would be our first choice.
Hi again - so, correct me if I'm wrong ............

1. You are both British.
2. You are not American. You just have a holiday home there.
3. As British citizens, you applied for and received your
visas from the London USA Embassy to stay in America for more than 90 days.

Have you tried at all to contact the Milan USA embassy about visas?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

I know people who sorted out work visas in Milan, therefore no need to go London. As to whether you are elgible for your visa, you have to ask the embassy.